My two Bushbuddies!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highfield

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2010
Gloucestershie
So this is the bushbuddy....with Tatonka?

robin4.jpg

Well it looks ok...fire it up...

robin2.jpg

Gettin a boil now!

robin3.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Funny you should post that. I had the same setup last week with a Robin jumping all around me just like that. Even sat on my knee at one point.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A nice combo for sure, do you stand the stove on top of anything or is it just sat in the bottom of the BB ?

Highfield

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2010
Gloucestershie
Just got the stove today...I think it will get a lot of use:)

Mr Robin is dining on Mugshot cheesy twist followed by Mince pie...I really dont know where he puts it all!

Hi Shewie

I stood it on top of the screw lid. I think it was near perfect for height.

I have been using a tealight holder filled with meths placed inside the army stove which comes with the canteen and billy set up for months. I prefer the tealight over the Tatonka for 1 brew.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
When I've used mine in this configuration I've put the lid of the Tatonka underneath to lift it up a touch.

Aaaah, I get ya. I use mine with a whitebox style bud stove, the height is about perfect with and without the windshield/stand if you are using a mug. Puts out some ferocious heat...

24Oct201093.jpg

24Oct201088.jpg

24Oct2010101.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The second shot is so crystal clear its a belter!

I love the company of robins at this time of year.

Highfield

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2010
Gloucestershie
Here is a pic of the height sitting on the lid, just a couple mill above optimum i would say, but this allows use of simmer ring all be it a bit fiddly.
IMG_2441.jpg

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
nice setup i got the same with my BBlite and a tranjia meths burner pics some where on the fourm and my avitar that was a nice capicino in the pic

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
while hammocking in the snow one wise robin decided to try getting closer to our camp, ad even sat on our hammocks. under out tarps, cos it was a lt warmer.
great pics though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE