My thread dissapeared?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluezephyr

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Stratton
A pm would have been nice, I did ask in my thread if it was allowed but no moderator response, thought you guys were there to help as well as keep an eye on malicious posts.
Catch up with you Norwich and Norfolk guys through another medium.

Signing out, I'll help a charity out another way.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
A pm would have been nice, I did ask in my thread if it was allowed but no moderator response, thought you guys were there to help as well as keep an eye on malicious posts.
Catch up with you Norwich and Norfolk guys through another medium.

Signing out, I'll help a charity out another way.

Seems you fell foul of trying to sell something even if it's for charity and you're not a full member and the other of not asking first before posting if you could do the auction...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
From a Mod's point of view....

Firstly, I've been rather distracted (90 year old uncle had a crash and has broken his arm :sigh:) and I neither saw the original thread or removed it.

Secondly, it's not as though the Mods are hard to contact. We do answer pms, we do pay heed to the reported posts.
The OP did neither. He seems to have simply posted his thread and then taken offence when it disappeared even though his opening words did acknowledge that he might not be permitted to sell.

Thirdly, please read the rules that you agreed to when you joined the site. Under Forum on the header bar, and follow the link to Rules and Guidelines for the BushcraftUK community, pretty straightforward.
They say,

"You are not permitted advertise personal items for sale or trade outside of the members classifieds or swap shop areas of the forum ", and that the seller must clearly state the price he wants for an item (s). No auctions.

They also say, "Guidance for members: Abide by the decisions of the moderators, do not argue or challenge them on the forums. If you disagree with a decision contact them or admin via PM and state clearly and politely your concerns and they will be dealt with. An alternative is to use the report post function with an explanation."

I can see why the thread was removed, and since the OP opened his thread with, "Note to moderators, please move this thread to the appropriate section that is if I am indeed allowed to sell on here and give the money to charity. ", there was no need to send him a pm explaining.

A relative newbie and not a Full Member.

Mod's advice; please go and read the rules.

Phil's right though; it was ironic :)

atb,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE