My One Handed Spoon!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I injured one of my hands really badly a wee while ago and was unable to use it at all, so I am rather proud that I managed to make this spoon one handed.
What you think? Should I be?
My+one+handed+spoon!.jpg

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Originally Posted by Night Phoenix
Not quite, I was originally up the woods and had no clamps. It involved a rather interesting combination of stones and fancy footwork

and no teeth? :) nice job

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
When I sliced the top of my thumb off at the beginning of a three day hike a few years ago, I really struggled to do the simplest things like setting up the tarp and hammock and cutting firewood etc.

Great job :notworthy

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
yeh, like he has a spare hand to use the camera :D

Hahahahaha - that made oi larrf. :D

Stand up, sit down, an arm, a leg, a nod of the head - it's eeeeeasy!!

20 years ago I moved house and my new elderly next door neighbour (God rest his soul) invited us through to welcome us in.

He'd got Polio as a kid and you wouldn't know it as he made furniture that you wouldn't beleive.

Only his teeth, left hand and foot did as they were told and he could use tools with a dexterity and finesse that would put most of us to shame.

He had a great sense of humour, and would nail you with a comment that was as funny as it was wise. When I met him he was retired, having lived and worked, married and brought up a large family.

Oh how he laughed when I hirpled about after breaking my collar bone.

Anyway, I digress as usual - JonathonD calls it a hijack. :D

Liam

Hahahahaha - that made oi larrf. :D

Stand up, sit down, an arm, a leg, a nod of the head - it's eeeeeasy!!

20 years ago I moved house and my new elderly next door neighbour (God rest his soul) invited us through to welcome us in.

He'd got Polio as a kid and you wouldn't know it as he made furniture that you wouldn't beleive.

Only his teeth, left hand and foot did as they were told and he could use tools with a dexterity and finesse that would put most of us to shame.

He had a great sense of humour, and would nail you with a comment that was as funny as it was wise. When I met him he was retired, having lived and worked, married and brought up a large family.

Oh how he laughed when I hirpled about after breaking my collar bone.

Anyway, I digress as usual - JonathonD calls it a hijack. :D

Liam

Inspiring stuff :D
I was unimpressed at having to have my arm in a cast because of one dismembered finger, it just kept getting in the way....
The hospital wasnt happy when i returned and said cast was covered in woodsmoke and such :S
Oh well I am a lot less mangled now :D

Biker

Women using tools?

Women using tools to make useful things such as spoons instead of knitting and weaving?

Women doing it one-handed!

:eek: Blasphemy!

Anyone else here feeling intimidated? :eek:

goodjob Night Pheonix. Hope the hand heals up soon. If you do that with one hand us blokes are up against some serious competition from the opposing team.
If you see a torch bearing mob of men armed with farming tools heading your way, run! :lmao:

Seriously though, most impressive job, well done!

I'd offer to shake your hand but I'm afraid something might fall off. ;)

Women using tools?

Women using tools to make useful things such as spoons instead of knitting and weaving?

Women doing it one-handed!

:eek: Blasphemy!

Anyone else here feeling intimidated? :eek:

goodjob Night Pheonix. Hope the hand heals up soon. If you do that with one hand us blokes are up against some serious competition from the opposing team.
If you see a torch bearing mob of men armed with farming tools heading your way, run! :lmao:

Seriously though, most impressive job, well done!

I'd offer to shake your hand but I'm afraid something might fall off. ;)

Hahaha you made me laugh sir!

I wont worry if a group of angry men head my way....I have a cannon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE