My Norway Trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Tor is probably the best person to answer this, but as far as I understand, the law is basically the same as in Sweden, you can camp anywhere ( within reason, eg. not too close to someone house). I have read that during the summer months there are slightly tighter restrictions on where you can light a fire in Norway than in Sweden.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
looks a fantastic trip im so jealous

what are the laws on wild camping in norway im very ignorant of all these things

I`ve copied this from a website belonging to Norwegian trekking association. It pretty much sums it up.
I`ve added a few notes.
You are allowed to:
-Walk and hike in summer and ski in winter on land and sail along the coast year round. Not on cultivated fields in growth season.
-Pick berries, flowers and mushrooms.
-Pick nuts eaten on the spot.
-Camp for two days at one place Minimum 150 m from house or cabin.The two day rule doesn`t apply in the mountains or wild places though.
-Bathe and swim in the sea and in lakes. And paddle canoe or kayak. But fishing from a boat isn`t allowed in all lakes due to local laws.
-Ramble on foot or cycle on trails and roads.
-Build a fire in winter (15 September - 15 April). This is seen upon as a guide even if it is the law. I have never heard of anyone beeing fined for having a fire in the summertime. If you screw up and set the forrest on fire it is another matter. Common sence is the key.
-Children up to age 15 need no licence to fish in fresh water and, with some restrictions, may fish with tackle in salt water. This I was rather curious about as all fishing (hand line and rod) in the sea is free.

Hunting is exclusive to the land owner, also fresh water fishing, and you need a licence to do it.
But there are 1000`s of lakes and ponds that are "free" to fish in as no one really cares.

Try google right to access or "allemannsretten" for more detailed information.

Tor

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Magnificent looking trip! I'm thoroughly impressed by the way you organised this - seems no more trouble than a trip to the Lakes or Scotland from the SE.

I'm soooo going to have to investigate this with my walking chums.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
This is a list of the kit that went with me ,

Living,

Berghaus vulcan pack
German army folding mat
US army moduler sleeping system ( outer and three season bag only )
Reindeer fur ( fantastic and fire reisistant )
Helsport Veranger Larvvu 4/6 plus pole and pegs
Petromax folding candle lantern plus spare candles
wash kit minamal , pine soap , tooth kit, foot powder ,
Spare trousers , socks , etc ( all double plastic wraped for the return trip )
Army arctic tent boots ( recomended for chilling out in )
Head torch

Cooking ,

Honey stove
Trangia burner
takonka billy
eagle products kettle ( brought in Oslo )
Kuska Swedish army issue
Spoon
Tinder box ( cotton wool , inner tube , lighter )

Cutting ,
Knife ( sharp and pointy )
Laplander saw

Entertainment . ( Keep all battery kit warm )

camera
iPod
phone
Book

Clothing ,

SASS ventile smock ( good in cold dry , not good in heavy rain )
woolpower 20gm base layer ( Fantastic )
Swanndri extreme shirt ( Fantastic )
Swedish army camo trousers
USMC issue Danner boots
Lightweight silva compass
Whistle (tied to smock)
red light stick
mosie head net ( not used )
Summer sun insect repellent ( not used )
gloves army issue
hat barbour wax and wool hat back up
betalight

Food ,

Army boil in the bag main meals
porrage made up with powdered milk and dryed fruit
choc
brew kit
cheese and crackers
powdered soups ( Recommended )

PA090139.jpg

Or course it could of been done with more modern light weight kit but most wont take the heat of the evening fire and the kit carried gave a lot of comfort when set up.
The honey stove cooking on the trangia burner during the day and burning wood as a heater at night worked very well .
PA080119.jpg

PA080116.jpg

Twodogs

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Nice one Cliff a cracking thread, and trip.
No nonscense, and getting out there. Going to have to do this myself. Looking forward to getting some tips of ya next meet.

The stove used as you did seems a cracking idea.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE