My New Website

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
TheViking said:
Just thought I'd pop in and show you all my new and updated website. It's at: http://www.geocities.com/anderswilderness/Woodchuck.html :D

Remember to leave a message in the guestbook. :)

cheers and stay cool.
Nice site mate!
If you want some genuine critique then i would say that embedding rather than linking to pictures would be the best thing to do. Some people ( present company accepted of course ) are genericly lazy and won't be bothered to look at your fantastic craftmanship. The only other think i find with geocities sites are that you can never stop the popups or get the site to fill the page without advertising. This may be my lack of computer skills though.
All the best :)

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Thanks for the constructive criticism bilko. :) I will embed the pictures into the articles soon, but I think geocities have a limit on the amount of pictures one can upload, unfortunately.

I will remove the ads by paying for the site later, when I get a secure income. :lmao:

all the best.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Very professional dude.

Same thing regarding linking to pictures. I like your personal approach to things (writing in a personal perspective, etc.). Let us know when you've added more articles, reviews etc. (I loved the SAMK bit).

ooh ... and you've seem to have forgotten to add a link to BCUK :yikes:

All the best mate,

:beerchug:

Johan

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Indeed a very good site!

I'd avoid embedding the pictures, to be honest. They hog bandwidth and make it horrible if you're using a slow connection. Why not put thumbnail images in, so they load quickly, which link to the larger original image if someone's interested?

You can also host your images elsewhere - Photobucket.com is a good place - and then embed them using the same technique as you would in a message on this forum.

Ps. I'm no expert - I bet there's someone on here who can give you more detail...

Rgds,
Neil

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Yep, my thoughts too. Adding a small thumbnail which links to a larger version of the image. But one must still be able to see what the thumbnail is.

I will release a complete fire by friction tutorial next weekend hopefully. Just need my new set to dry. :) :buttkick:

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
If you are going to do book or video views, it is worth becoming a Amazon Associate, you might not make any money but it is useful for linking to their site.

Good site.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
New article now added - 'How to keep comfortable in the wilderness' :)

and 3 images to the gallery. :D

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
if you want a cheap domain name like www.anderswidernesssite.com maybe
i used this company before and they are very cheap, but make sure you read the contract if you want to cancel the account as you must notify them well before renewal other wise they will automatically take payment (as i found out the hard way :banghead: )

www.1and1.co.uk

HTH

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I have just updated the gallery with a few pictures and added a new section: tips & tricks for wilderness living. :)

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Great site, I have added it to my favorites so I can keep up todate with new articles. I did however have a problem trying to get back to the home page and received the following message:

"The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later. "

Paul

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
It's added now. Some of my pages were accidentally deleted some time ago in the filemanager.

P@ul, it's because the site has had too many visitors today, it will be up in 50 minutes again or thereabouts.

I will buy a domain name (.com) and get much more data transfer today. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE