My new water play thing.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I went to look at canoes this weekend with the family, and after a bit of deliberation, we came home with a Z-Pro TA300 inflatable. I did have the Sevylor Hudson in mind but found the TA300 to be 500mm longer than the Hudson which clinched it; more leg room.

Its all ready been out twice, once at Pugneys country park in wakefield with the family and then in the canal at the back of me for solo run.

IMG00401-20120605-0856 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

IMG00402-20120605-0906 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

IMG00403-20120605-0923 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

I'm VERY pleased, like a pig in poo :)

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Looks wicked - it's almost identical to my Sevylor Yukon which is great fun. You will love it. I just replaced the stock paddles with some carbon ones which I am itching to get out and try. Enjoy!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
IMAG0206.jpg

Had mine for a year now.

Takes 2 plus loads of kit quite comfortably if you don't forget to put the drain plug back in :rolleyes:

Squeak, squeak, squeak goes the paddle shaft on the neoprene :aargh4:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Hey Chris, whats it like to paddle. Does it require a lot of correction.
What paddles are you useing, single double?
Been looking at a canoe for a while but never thought of an inflatable.

JC1984

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2012
Craster, Northumberland
I'm just awaiting delivery on a Sevylor Pointer K2...ex-demo with pump and 2x paddles for £300...but after seeing your TA300 I'm thinking the K2 might get put on ebay! Looks really good. Where abouts was the Loch-looking picture taken?

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Sorry for hijacking, but just a quick question. Can you just buy a canoe/kayak and then get in the water, or do you need some form of waterways permit? Just curious as my old man has recently moved and has a canal/river approx half a mile away.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
You are supposed to have a waterways licence for using a canal; joining the British Canoe Union will give you this and 3rd party insurance.

John, you should have called me, if you still have my number :). I'd take you for a play.

Here is some pics from my hols as I took it to Ireland.

SAM_0034 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

SAM_0062 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

SAM_0089 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

SAM_0084 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

With the Skeg fitted its not too bad to keep in a straight line. I paddle with a kayak paddle.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm just awaiting delivery on a Sevylor Pointer K2...ex-demo with pump and 2x paddles for £300...but after seeing your TA300 I'm thinking the K2 might get put on ebay! Looks really good. Where abouts was the Loch-looking picture taken?

Loch Shiel, not far from Fort William.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Hey Badger,..

nice looking craft,

whats the deal on Pugneys mate?..

i,m looking for somewhere close where i can get mine wet, dont mind paying,...

was thinking about Rother Valley park too, b

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
You are supposed to have a waterways licence for using a canal; joining the British Canoe Union will give you this and 3rd party insurance.

John, you should have called me, if you still have my number :). I'd take you for a play.

With the Skeg fitted its not too bad to keep in a straight line. I paddle with a kayak paddle.

Home made sail on a Tango! Now that's impressive.
I've got a 45lb thrust outboard on mine but the "sidetracker" mount was rubbish and fell apart in the surf on it's third trip out.
Just made a new one for a spot of sea fishing tomorrow though so will see how it goes.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Hey Badger,..

nice looking craft,

whats the deal on Pugneys mate?..

i,m looking for somewhere close where i can get mine wet, dont mind paying,...

was thinking about Rother Valley park too, b

We just took ars dahn Calder....
b26b0d0e-4dc9-ddf7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
No no no, that just won't do Chiseller....

....I need to see a full photo of that boat, for educational purposes only you understand; i.e. have ago myself ;-)

02610d45-7391-744c.jpg

It's been on sea loch and river so far. Held 30 stone ! 'Patrick's Pearl' more details in an forthcoming thread ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

That's a nice boat mate... I've used Inflatables here in Scotland for years. I Kayak on the River Spey on a regular basis. I back-pack the boat onto a bus or into a cab! excellent protocol I think. Being a manufacturer I produced my own carry system. I'll try and post a phot on here...

SW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE