My new Nesmuck style knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
My new Nesmuck style knife has arrived. It is a rather large knife with 21cm blade, 3.5mm in thickness, 35cm overall in O1 steel. It came from Stew of this forum and he handled it in Bog oak for me. I'm rather pleased. I've not had chance to take photos myself, these are what Stew sent me.

IMG_3016 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

IMG_3017 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

IMG_3018 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

IMG_3015 by chrstphrferg, on Flickr

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I would say it is mate. have a look on dorsetwoodlandblades.com it looks very much like his xl camp nessie

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I know it looks like Dorset blades XL. Stew didn't know when we sorted out the details, just that it was similar and in O1. It all stemmed from me asking about yours John in that sale thread a good bit back.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'll worry about the grind later after I've had chance to play with it. I'll have to make a sheath for it now though.

Don't get me wrong, it was great with the standard grind, i just wanted more chopping power out of it

heres the sheath for mine/jhonnyboy's made by lucky lefty, i really like it

The nessie also fits well enough in an old golock sheath

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Don't get me wrong, it was great with the standard grind, i just wanted more chopping power out of it

heres the sheath for mine/jhonnyboy's made by lucky lefty, i really like it

The nessie also fits well enough in an old golock sheath
That's nice to know :)

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Sorry dude, should have put a warning up. Thats it now i promise
Not to worry. Glad someone is getting good use from it. Need to get the other one finished.
280ec17fde4039d523ef14b72701956a.jpg

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
you know we discussed an updated version on Instagram - well if that's the one you were referring to, it's not the same as the one I meant! :D
No this one is a hybrid special. From what I remember he did a special for someone and had two cut just in case. I was lucky enough to get hold of it.
The spine on this one has a bevel to one side for scraping.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
I had always thought a Nessmuk was a smaller blade, designed for both skinning and actually slicing your food at a (camp) table, not for chopping things down, that was what he carried a double bit axe for...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE