My new main user

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Been oogling these for a while, watching reviews, that kind of stuff.

I wanted a heavy camp knife that could replace a hatchet (at times) while packing lighter. The one negative I picked up about the bark river
Bravo-1 was the jimping was a little sharp on the thumb. A few emails back and forth between me/the knife connection/bark river and a blank was available
that could be made without jimping! I went for matte G10 scales and yellow liners. No fancy woodwork. Fit and finish where the usual bark river standards
and it came respectably sharp. An hour later with a few wipes of the DMT's and some rigorous stropping and its sharp enough to split space and time :)

Now to get up the woods and beat it to death with a big stick!

zuxJY.jpg

Gklnr.jpg

S4VL1.jpg

Ycgw9.jpg

thNWl.jpg

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Always been a fan of the bark river knives,had a couple of 'northstars' in the past,great knives.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Proper knife, proper shape. We'll have a 'knife-off' at the end of the month.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Hey Al that looks sweet mate. Thought it was going to be bigger.
I managed to get my hands on a MOD knife as a camp tool and just reshaped the handle to make it more user friendly
oh and its had the Longstrider treatment so splits atoms.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Fine looking knife, Kephart looking blade shape with a modern twist to the handle and scales, and if any steel can take the beating you intend to give it, CPM 3V can.

Any pics of the sheath?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I had a brief go with this knife and it is beautiful, comfortable, and heavy. Mount it in a hip carry and you would walk with a limp!

Utterly beautiful thing. :cool:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Proper knife, proper shape. We'll have a 'knife-off' at the end of the month.

I'll look forward to it !

Size wise, Its perfect for me. Paired with a neck knife (which I've become a big fan of lately) and I'm done.
Now to wet form the sheath and then send it off for waterproofing. It was a childhood relationship with the
MOD survival knife (my dad was a submariner and 'acquired' one for me) that got me interested in the Bravo-1.

It just feels right. Dale at the knife connection was superb too, so is welcome to a plug!

3JZUD.jpg

Jomo

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2012
banbury
dont send the leather away for waterproofing just do it yourself its dead easy!! i use a mix of beeswax, paraffin wax, neatsfoots oil and petroleum jelly. (beeswax, paraffin wax or petroleum jelly will work just fine on their own) melt it in a pan that's sat in a pot of boiling water, and warm your sheath in the oven at no hotter than a 100 degrees and use a toothbrush or paintbrush to douse it on, the new leather will lap it up.I normally put on two or three coats, putting the leather item back in the oven each time its coated. ps if this is all very obvious to you please go ahead and tell me to go suck eggs :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE