My new cook kit setup.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
This is just a quick look at a new cookset I've been putting together. The set consists of a maxpedition 10 x 4 bottle bag clone, Stanley multi use bottle, Stanley cook set, Tatonka Mug and a Lifeadventure Ti Cup. Also not picture is a Bushbox stove and Sawyer mini both in the front pouch.

y3yzu4y3.jpg

The Tatonka Cup nests nicely over the pot and the Ti Cup nest nicely over the bottom of the bottle which is tapered to fit into car cup holders. Both the bottle and cup then fit into the pot. The pot itself is an excellent, sturdy, lightweight bit of kit. Ideal for 1-2 people. The lid can be used on the Tatonka Mug but is not a perfect fit.

se4yzu4y.jpg

u7a9use2.jpg

The whole setup fits snugly into the pouch. It's a little bit of a stretch but does all fit and leaves room at the top and in the pouch for brew kit, tinder etc. I've been very impressed with this bag. It's well made and thought out, and unlike the MaxP it comes with Molle attachment straps and a shoulder strap as standard. I doubt I'll use the attachment straps for their intended purpose but they do make a handy carry handle or belt loops. The bag itself was only a tenner. Much less than the £80+ for the Maxpedition.

zu2abypu.jpg

aryraru5.jpg

I've been very impressed by the Stanley Multi use bottle which can be used as a bottle (which is just shy of 1 Litre), as two separate cups or as a cooking vessel. The top part can also be used as a small funnel. I intend to do a separate review on this once it's had a bit more use. This is an excellent piece of equipment.

a6y2enun.jpg

8e4yve7u.jpg

The set as a whole gives me 4 cooking vessels and a cup or four cups and a cooking vessel and many other combinations therein. The kit can be be slimmed down for short trips or solo trips. It is hugely versatile. There are a couple of modifications to do to the pot, ie. swap the plastic tag for metal etc but other than that I'm very happy with it.

I welcome some feedback on this. Are there any improvements people would make?

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
If you could find a frying pan that would fit in front pocket (a cut-down mess tin, perhaps?) it'd be just about ideal.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
Not a bad shout. I did think about carrying a lifeventure Ti Plate to use as a frying pan but i can't incorporate it into the pack so it would have to be carried separately.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE