My late and much missed Uncle once said to me....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
"No-one, ever, laid on their death bed and said I wish I'd spent more time at work"

My work is hellish at the moment. BBs is worse. My health is all over the place - again.

LudlowS is having a meet this weekend. I told him as a result of all of that we probably couldn't go :(

The weather forecast for the Welsh Marches is grim anyway.

LS has even had to cut the numbers down after tree falls etc. so........

I'm going anyway :D

One chap is bringing half a pig (in one piece), another a bottle of cask strength Caol Ila and a third a selection of bunnies and pigeons (some of which might have cooled down ;) )

Ludlow has a load of cut and stacked wood, and has offered to pack my gear in if the strength gives out. With friends like these I am truly blessed. Stuff the job stress, the weather and the practicalities. I have Ceggas axe to abuse, a case of mead two years in the brewing and a Nanok -25 for BB and a -10 for me.

So, I'll pack in a rush tomorrow night, fuel up and we're off for a few days wood smoke, game cooking, mead and bannock!

Playing hookey is still fun at my age!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It has always been great so far....

I owe parcels to loads of people (Bent Stick, Jon Picket etc.). Somehow, I know they'll understand!

Red

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
British Red said:
"No-one, ever, laid on their death bed and said I wish I'd spent more time at work"

My work is hellish at the moment. BBs is worse. My health is all over the place - again.

LudlowS is having a meet this weekend. I told him as a result of all of that we probably couldn't go :(

The weather forecast for the Welsh Marches is grim anyway.

LS has even had to cut the numbers down after tree falls etc. so........

I'm going anyway :D

One chap is bringing half a pig (in one piece), another a bottle of cask strength Caol Ila and a third a selection of bunnies and pigeons (some of which might have cooled down ;) )

Ludlow has a load of cut and stacked wood, and has offered to pack my gear in if the strength gives out. With friends like these I am truly blessed. Stuff the job stress, the weather and the practicalities. I have Ceggas axe to abuse, a case of mead two years in the brewing and a Nanok -25 for BB and a -10 for me.

So, I'll pack in a rush tomorrow night, fuel up and we're off for a few days wood smoke, game cooking, mead and bannock!

Playing hookey is still fun at my age!

Red

Forget work for now Red just get out there and enjoy yourself!
Having fun is after all good for the soul. ;)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
You get out there and enjoy yourself Red, your work will probably benefit from it.....Win win win, as far as I can see.....

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon Pickett said:
You get out there and enjoy yourself Red, your work will probably benefit from it.....Win win win, as far as I can see.....

:eek:

I sure intend to! Thanks for understanding - I need this right now.

I promise to catch up with all my proper stuff (like posting parcels) when I get back and bore you all with tales of bacon so fresh it was butchered on site..... to go with the green coffee beans I intend to roast for breakfast coffee :D

Don't you all love any "meet threads" that start with "has anyone got an 18" bone saw they could bring?"..... :lmao: (perhaps not the vegetarians amongst us)...He's bringing a sausage machine too... :eek:

I haven't been out since before Christmas ....thats just stupid....why go to work if thats the result...?

Red

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Have a great weekend Red.

I know several people who are feeling much like you say you are at the moment and I know everyone of them is saying similar things about getting away.

Enjoy the pig, cask, game, bannock, mead, sausages, coffee...

Damn I'm hungry and need to get out too :p

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
As my father once said to me. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional. A good philosophy. Have a great weekend... All of us... :lmao:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks for the good wishes all - it was a scramble but I'm all ready to go. Not sure one could describe this as minimalist though......

Green coffee beans (check)
Skillet to roast them in (check)
Hand grinder to grind them (check)
2 pint coffee pot (check)
Sharp camp knife to slice the bacon off the half pig (check)
Mix prepared for fresh bread (check)
Dutch Oven to bake morning bread (check)

Still breakfast should be good!

Red

Red you used a word I'm unfamiliar with "minimalist" - what does that mean when it comes to having a fun weekend? :lmao:

I've got cabin fever at the moment and could really use a weekend in the outdoors - hoping I can make through to March before a meet with dsome pals before I go postal :rolleyes:

Hope you have a great time.

Phil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE