my interpretation of the M.O.D survival knife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I like that a lot - did you cold blue or hot blue? I suspect cold, but it would be great if it was hot :)

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
I like that a lot - did you cold blue or hot blue? I suspect cold, but it would be great if it was hot :)

its just cold blued, its pretty hard wearing though on previous knives i'v used it on. i give it 3 separate applications rinsing and degreasing between coats, the final finish of the steel is important, around 600 grit gives a more even finish. buffing with an oily rag finishes it.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
its just cold blued, its pretty hard wearing though on previous knives i'v used it on. i give it 3 separate applications rinsing and degreasing between coats, the final finish of the steel is important, around 600 grit gives a more even finish. buffing with an oily rag finishes it.

The finish looks stunning - I meant only that the hot blue confers a little more protection. Great knife and nice kydex too.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Nice job! They'd never issue ones like that, would they? QMS would never let go of such lovely looking kit :cool:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I'm a big fanboy of the real thing, and I love to see interpretations of military issue knives! any chance you can do an Ontario pilot survival knife? Stacked leather handle, big skull basher pommel but with a decent blade that isn't as soft as butter.

Looks lovely to be fair!-id like the hilt? To protrude slightly (like on a F1) -let me know if you make a few :)

I also reckon slight finger guards, bolsters and finger choils are the bees mobile trocho-ginglymus's! lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE