My first spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
...like this one. :)

twisted_spoon6b.jpg

twisted_spoon7b.jpg

Grey Owl

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2006
Canada
voyagetothebay.cauc.ca
Very nicely done, and the grain accentuates the shape wonderfully. Reminds me of a two spoons I purchased while travelling in Zimbabwe a number of years ago. Many times I have pulled them out of the drawer, wondered if I could manage the spiral and left it at that. Perhaps your fine work will inspire me at last?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - so Eric did his "mystery belt" from one piece of leather with cunning twists...
how the heck did you twist solid wood?:D
Nice work indeed!

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Very pretty, a mini sculpture. I like the way the grain shows in the bowl. Did you scortch it around the rim of the bowl?
My normal taste is for strong functional spoons in the Scandinavian tradition but I like that a lot and shows a fantastic skill level for a "first spoon".

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Wow very nice, lovely grain pattern, what wood did you use? very impressive.

Simon.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I'm sure I've posted a few spoons around here before so it's not my firstest and onliest spoon. ;) Just my first twisted spoon. :) To get the twist, you have to soak it in water a couple weeks then twist it very very slowly. :p

The wood is cypress. The dark color comes from the weathering of the board I cut it from.

Does this gravy spoon get me into the Scandi spoon carving club? :confused:

gravyspoon6b.jpg

gravyspoon7b.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE