My 'Field knife'

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I'm very lucky in that I design my knives, get them to Duncan and he batch cuts them from top notch stainless, sorts them and gets them to me.

One idea I had was for a 'Field knife' for long use, and is a bit of a brute. Most of my knives are around Deer Stalking now so these haven't been the most successful. That said, the last two from the six made are done and that seems to be that. The two tone Desert Iron wood needs it's sheath and is off to it's owner over the weekend and the Yew, well, I thought I'd like to keep that. Both book matched, both have brass fittings, just going to chamfer the inside of the lanyard tube before the leather starts.

Despite being over sized for use on deer it is just so comfortable, when I sold the Walnut one I felt like someone had taken a pet. I told myself I would have one, so I am keeping the very last... I think, new clutch yesterday hurt.

At times I moan about the money, the time, the dust... and then I have a warm fuzzy feeling when stuff like this is done.

Anyway, pics of them finished today, leather work to follow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE