My Everyday Carry (Ashley Cawley's EDC)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
great vid! thanks for sharing! I completely agree about the svord, i think there great knives but can be made a hell of a lot better with a new handle! Iv customized a few myself.. i really like the idea of the neck sheath though! the tang seems to be awkward in the pocket! Iv now got a new project..

cheers

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
great vid! thanks for sharing! I completely agree about the svord, i think there great knives but can be made a hell of a lot better with a new handle! Iv customized a few myself.. i really like the idea of the neck sheath though! the tang seems to be awkward in the pocket! Iv now got a new project..

cheers

Cowboy, do you have any pictures of mod's you've done? I love my Svord, and have gone as far as sanding the scales and reversing them for a more comfortable grip, but I want to make new scales for it. Having tried different sketches I can't settle on a good looking style. What have you done?

Good vid by the way. I like the concealed striker and the neck sheath.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Cowboy, do you have any pictures of mod's you've done? I love my Svord, and have gone as far as sanding the scales and reversing them for a more comfortable grip, but I want to make new scales for it. Having tried different sketches I can't settle on a good looking style. What have you done?

Good vid by the way. I like the concealed striker and the neck sheath.
I purchased a friend one for Christmas last year, because I knew he wasn't a knife-nut I thought I'd improve it for him in terms of sharpening and working the handle to improve, but he surprised me by a couple of weeks later changing the handle himself significantly! He made himself an antler handle which you can see here.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Iv only got the picture of the one unfortunately.. but this was very simple. Two scales, some small brass pins at the back, no liners and original screw at the front.. I also shaved a bit off at the base of the blade to make it a sub 3" (uk legal) and grinded the tip into a drop point with a bit of file work on the spine. The scales were curly birch soaked in linseed. :)

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Both of those are very nice mods - it does cry out for improvement doesn't it?

I use mine mainly for food prep at home and where I work - it's not ideal, but it is better than the knives at work and I just enjoy using it at home.

Looking at both of your examples, I must at least try to make some scales. I have some recycled teak in my cellar, and I put aside some aluminium for liners.

Cheers for showing your work,

Magentus

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE