My Day Out With Fenlander

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
im glad british red gave me the challenge because it gave me something to research
normally i dont have a clue where to start

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
So Leon, have you got more or less questions now after your day out? ;)

Looks like an excellent day, can't beleive you got through so much stuff, I will have to go for a full day with Kevin myself if I manage to get down there sometime.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have less questions now because i think fenlander answered most of them
we also walked around and done a bit of tree id he sowed me ash, hawthorn and a couple others

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon mate,

I can only say that I hope you are very proud of what you achieved. I hope it gave you som inspiration to try to learn more - maybe fire by friction, or tracking, shelter building or camp cookery.

Were you nervous? I would have been!

Red

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Looks like you had a full and interesting day Leon. :) It's always better to learn by doing the stuff rather than reading a book. If you're like me, it tends to be easier to remember if you've done it yourself. Kudos to Fenlander too for taking the time to show you all those useful skills, it just gets better the more you do it. Great pics too :D

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
red it has inspired me to learn alot more
i would love to learn fire by friction
maybe some reasearch, some practice and then practice again and i might be able to
thanks leon

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i've met Kevin loads of times and he's a top bloke!
he was the first to teach me the bowdrill, now i'm teaching it!

i really want to go on one of his courses soon!
he does a good bowdrill kit too! :D

bogflogger

Nomad
Nov 22, 2005
london
Thanks for putting up your pictures Leon.

looks like you had a Good Day out and learned some useful skills too! :D

So here's a message for both you and Fenlander. :You_Rock_

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks guys i did have a top day
and kevin is a top bloke
i would love to go on a weekend course but i dont think he is accepting under 16 if he is please tell me

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Leon, thank your dad for bluring the pictures to protect our indentity :p

Maybe we can arrange with your dad that when we exchange books in August, we can have another day out. I can the teach you fire by friction (I feel sure you will pick it up very quickly ;) ) I will post the list of stuff we did and plants and trees we saw, along with a little test for to see how much you learned :D

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
ok please post a test i would love to see how much i can remember
yes i would love to meet up again we can arrange that in august
thanks leon

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Well done to the both of you, you should be most chuffed.
I wonder, Leon, how about you learning and practising a skill or method of some part of bushcraft and then, when you reckon youve mastered it, teach us lot. Lots of bods already do it here on this site in the form of tutorials or just photographs with brief captions.....making your first sheath, fire by friction and so on.
One of the best ways to learn is to teach, you'll be surprised. What about that nettel cordage you were doing. I'll bet there arent to many people on this site who have actually made it let alone used it. Why not teach us? I for one would love to know.

Moko

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE