My Daughter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grimnir

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
Northants
Well, first sign of good news :) she's starting to look a little better, a little brighter. She hasn't been able to eat or drink since Tuesday night so it'll take a while to get better but Natty says she is starting to improve a little.

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
Thats good news , Our thoughts are with you , as you say this is a wake up call
It will turn out all ok and you will find you grow stronger as a family from it

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hang in there. Lets hope the corner has been turned and the good news continues. All my kids have left the nest now but I still remember the anguish of illness. Looking back its a trueism that we only have our kids for a short time then they are up and gone. However, you never stop loving them. Keep us posted were are all with you. :)

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
We are all hoping that your daughter makes a very speedy recovery, our hearts go out to you and your family.

All the best of wishes to you all

Paul and Nikki

Grimnir

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
Northants
Went to see her again today. When we first got there she looked better but was still very quiet and listless but picked up and had her first smile and even a laugh, also had a proper conversation and joked a bit. She was sick just after she had her antibiotics (via the drip) but that was the only time today she's been sick which is also an improvement.

It was great to see her happy again :) Now if we can only get her to drink she'll be on her way home soon! She won't drink but at least she did decide to try and eat something for the first time since Tuesday night!

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Grimnir said:
Went to see her again today. When we first got there she looked better but was still very quiet and listless but picked up and had her first smile and even a laugh, also had a proper conversation and joked a bit. She was sick just after she had her antibiotics (via the drip) but that was the only time today she's been sick which is also an improvement.

It was great to see her happy again :) Now if we can only get her to drink she'll be on her way home soon! She won't drink but at least she did decide to try and eat something for the first time since Tuesday night!

thats a good sign that she wants to eat!
I hope the hard days are soon over for you all!

yours
Abbe

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Its good that t,lass is getting through it, Grimnir.

As Reiver says, you never stop worrying about ,em and thats the truth.

Regarding the well-worn , parental expressions; well, they grow out of it by their mid twentys! :lmao:

Ceeg

Glad to hear so, Grimnir.

Don't bother if she doesn't feel thirsty, after all she's been on a drip if I understand well, so that's loads of water.

I have two sons myself, 12 and 15. I very often visit emergency wards with my youngest, keeps falling of things or cutting his fingers with axes and knives. I must say you get used to it (he certainly does: last time he told the red cross volunteers at the summer festival, while they tried to extract a big splinter from under his thumb nail: "it's not because you're volunteers that you shouldn't do a professional job", he then went on to extract it himself)

Grimnir

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
Northants
Good news today, she's a lot brighter and has had a drink. She still doesn't want to drink and won't be allowed home till tomorrow at the earliest so they can make sure she can eat and drink without getting ill.

She's been fighting the nurses :p doesn't want to take her medicine. Her temp is back at something approaching normal, so much better than she was and hopefully she'll be home by Monday

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Grimnir said:
Good news today, she's a lot brighter and has had a drink. She still doesn't want to drink and won't be allowed home till tomorrow at the earliest so they can make sure she can eat and drink without getting ill.

She's been fighting the nurses :p doesn't want to take her medicine. Her temp is back at something approaching normal, so much better than she was and hopefully she'll be home by Monday

very good news mate, I am happy for you and your family!
cheers
Abbe

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Grimnir said:

When you say temp, do you mean temperature or temper :D . Really pleased for you all, she is on the mend Grim..............

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Grimnir,
Fantastic news. Give her time and she will be back to her normal self and you can all put this episode behind you.

Grimnir

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
Northants
Jon Pickett said:
When you say temp, do you mean temperature or temper :D . Really pleased for you all, she is on the mend Grim..............
:) both I think, she always was a stroppy little madam! :D :p though I actually meant her temperature

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE