My Christmas present finished - Mora Lapplander 95

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
First posted on British Blades Forum...

Just finished my knife that I got as a Christmas present. It's a Mora Lapplander 95 in stainless. The handle material is walnut - not a very interesting grain pattern unfortunately. The pins are made from offcuts of tungem tubing (an expensive alternative to brass) that was in the scrap bin at work. It's been soaked in danish oil then lightly polished. I really injoyed making this one. Next thing is to start on the sheath.
Gibbo.

DSCF1035.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

DSCF1040.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
+ 1 handle shape reall well thought out.

i have some figured walnut slabs , and seein this i've had arethink on where thryre going,....

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Thanks for the comments. The ergo-ish shape makes it sit in the hand really nicely, I just wish the grain pattern was nicer. How vain am I?
Gibbo.

hahaha thats normal buddy,...

we all like the fancy woods i,m sure,...

walnut has a place i think, but i never finished any to this stage and it wont work on my current project,...

i reckon a kitchen/slicer/utility job would suit the bit i have,....

its not as figured as your piece,...

Stu

E

ex member coconino

I really like that grain, it has something of the look of animal pelt. Nice work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE