my bushcraft website launched today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

allenko

Forager
Sep 24, 2003
Leicestershire
it a lot

Some great pictures (canoe, baskets look very impressive )

I am always really interested to learn from personal websites what drives an individual to undertake a particular project.

Share what the most dificult parts were. Even to see some failed attempts.

Otherwise I think that you are all master craftsmen, and then think oooer I can't do that.... or think cor he must of been doing this for years.

Wow I've rambled..... looking forward to seeing the next update keep us posted

:You_Rock_

Paul

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Wow :eek: I envy your energy, Jon. Well done, it's a very nice and informative site you have created. Only one thing: you shouldn't call your canoe "simple". There is nothing simple about it, it's a little beauty and actually quite a complex structure when you think about it. Of course, it's up to you but I'd call it a "Canadien Skin On Frame Canoe". :You_Rock_

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
Great little site......will keep my eye it,have already made the case for the spoon knife at the weekend so thanks for that.To be honest the canoe will probably take me till the end of the week!:joke:
Litefoot.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Another site to add to my list of favourites.

Really like your diverse range of crafts Jon.

I will be attempting one of the containers from some nice thick Birch Bark I have got.

Look forward to see how the site develops.

George

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
If you want a tutorial on making baskets like mine buy the next bcuk magazine because i think Tony is putting one of my tutorial articles in there about making one from scratch.

The comments are great, thanks! Im so glad you like it!

And Woodwalker, i used to use just a small bog standard compact digital camera but i upgraded to a Cannon 400D last Christmas. I have been taking photos for years so i may have a bit of a nack now too. I try to make the photos as clear and informative as possible. A picture can say a thousond words!

Many thanks!

Jon

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Gosh :)
Really great pieces of work there - how long did your lovely canoe take?

"I am no boat boat builder but with some research and advice from friends i decided that i would give it a go."

I love your can-do attitude :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE