My best friend has gone forever.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

red devil

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
South of Glasgow
So sorry to hear you've lost a faithful old pal, it must be heartbreaking.
I'm just starting out at the 'other end' of the journey, with a Border terrier pup (Jesse) who's a right cheeky handful but tremendous fun.
I guess we all know these sad days are going to come one day but it must be terrible actually dealing with the loss. I really feel for you.
I hope the happy memories help you through this difficult time.
All the very best,
Steve

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I'm very sorry for your loss. We lost our old cocker before Christmas after three years of failing health.

You will not feel like it now, but as soon as you are ready, get a pup. They will never replace your old friend, but their sheer exuberance and love of life is infectious

Last edited:

miles888

Jan 6, 2012
peak district
hi miles8 sorry for your loss, my friend of 15 years is tomo a welsh pony, he's getting on now n i'l definatly shed a tear when he goes
take plenty of pics, as i dint when people or pets were alive.

Brewers Whoop

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2008
Somerset
On one of the motorcycle forums I'm on, a while ago there was a thread started titled 'What happens when you get to Heaven?', and people were invited to offer their opinions. Much of the early stuff was fairly predictable, involving expensive/fast bikes and/or women, but then someone simply posted 'You get all your old dogs back'. It was amazing the response that got - it touched a chord with many many people. Can't wait to see all mine again.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Last edited:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I havn't read the whole thread but the first few replies. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my whippet Lily last October. She was quite old (16) a whippet who was a brilliant hunter. (I didn't take her hunting she just did it naturally) I've got so many memories of the 'old gal' She was the cleverest dog I've known. Very intelligent and I went everywhere with her. She never went to a kennels in her life if I was going on holiday. 'No dogs allowed' - No booking then! She was a right character and a bit of tart!. She loved men for some reason and once totally embarrased me by running onto an amateur rugby pitch and started strutting around as if to say 'Here I am boys come and fuss me you hunks'. Blimey I've got a hundred stories about Lily and trouble she's caused. ..... Digging up pristine lawns at a wedding reception in a posh hotel and being yelled at by the gardener. Going AWOL when I was camping in the middle of the night because another tent had food going down that she could smell...off scrounging for a burger. Bitten on the nose by a squirrel she'd hunted...Strewth I could go on and on, but I loved that girl. my best companion ever. When she was on the way out she had a siezure and I had to take her to the vets and the vet said he couldn't do anything and it was time..... I was in pieces, and had to be sat down and given a cup of tea. Totally distraught. I'm with you mate and as mentioned I havn't read the whole thread so sorry if it's been repeated but the old saying.............'The more I see of my fellow humans, the more I love my dog' I miss the old girl terribly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE