Must be a late Bloomer!

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Well Sunday I lost my virginity! I finally made fire with the bow drill!
In the 9th grade, I took Outdoor Education ( think 1970s' ) .Nobody even the teachers could get a fire going . Fast forward 3 years ago , I tried ( poor wood choices ) and failed again. This Sunday, hunting season ended, no ice fishing for another 3 weeks or so.... What the heck, I'll go to the woods and find the proper woods and give it another go! Success!!!!!!! I know it's kinda goofy, but I was really proud of myself! I have been using Flint and steel for 90% of my fire making for years now, and even bought a fire piston, and have had no problem getting a good fire going with either. Mag rod? too easy ( it's my lazy way of choice ) Matches? only for an occasional Cigar or Pipe. But the fire by friction is the only thing that I haven't used, till now.

OK OK, I know I am weird, a grown man, Drives million dollar++ heavy equipment, but gets massive joy over starting a camp fire.The Wife thinks I am loonie ;)
Thx for listening.
:)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Congratulations your not a loan its immensely satisfying when you manage to make fire by friction :D especially for the first time :D
Well done enjoy your new found skill :D

Russ

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I have been trying for some time to get fire by friction but still have'nt got it yet so well done buddy, one of these days I hope to get it right, just once please oh great fire spirit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE