Multimat not holding air? - no puncture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James Higgins

Oct 4, 2014
Nottinghamshire
Can someone advise as to what might be the problem with my self inflating multimat.

I've had my multimat stored away for quite a few years in its stuff sack. I know it worked the last time I stored it away, but now i have got it out after a long time it won't hold air.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
How much air is it loosing?

In really cold weather a mat filled with our warm breath will lose some pressure as that air cools during the night.
It's not enough of a pressure drop to go flat but it is noticeable.

James Higgins

Oct 4, 2014
Nottinghamshire
Thanks, I will try putting it in some water to see if the valve is leaking.

Its losing all of its air. I was testing out a new sleep system outside at home the other night using this mat. It deflated completely. Good job I was at home!

This was the first self inflater I bought. I'll continue with my trusty closed cell foam mat

Mike_B

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2009
Perth, Scotland
Probably delaminated. I'm guessing that when you ref "multimat" you're not using this as a generic term for a Thermarest? If it is a T/rest, then just return it and they'll replace it foc. I'd doubt whether any of the others offer that level of service tho.

Probably delaminated. I'm guessing that when you ref "multimat" you're not using this as a generic term for a Thermarest? If it is a T/rest, then just return it and they'll replace it foc. I'd doubt whether any of the others offer that level of service tho.

my therm-a-rest delaminated but still held the air inside. wish i'd been able to keep the receipt (lost while travelling) to get it replaced....

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I had a karrimor xlite (same as multi mat superlite) delam and form a huge bubble between the two layers, sports direct replaced it no questions

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE