MTP MK2 Issue gaiters... handed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Up until now seem the majority of gaiters ve seen are left and right.

NSN 8440-99-151-4045 standard. contract PCE/00037 2015

I just picked up some from ebay and they both appear to be left, however there is no siding instruction on the tag? and they do look a bit ambidextrous.

Should there be a left and right?

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Are they the ones which have 'touch and close' on them and does that go down the front? If they are the ones I am thinking of, I'm not sure they have a left and right as the only difference is the placing of the buckle on the strap underneath, but that should not affect their use.

Unfortunately there are no pictures on the Defence Clothing Catalogue to see if there is a difference.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I think you are right, i haven't found any pics that show left and right. The NSN doesnt really come up anywhere, The last time I saw them in a surplus store i thought they only had all lefts then too. was a while ago.
it would make sense to have a single sided multi design and I am really pleased with the quality anyway so will be keeping/trying them.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
To close this thread, they are handed left and right. I know this now because I have 2 pairs that I received from different sellers being 2 left and 2 right. obvs now I have two correct handed pairs and that makes me happy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE