Moughton Whetstone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
Hi all,

Does anyone have a piece of this for sale or trade? I'd absolutely love a piece of fine British stone to sharpen my blades with. I know QDanT has had pieces for sale/trade in the past but I can imagine he gets so many requests from folks and I don't want to trouble him. Ideally looking for a piece at least DC4 sized but preferably bigger. Anyone, please?

Thanks in advance
Graeme

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Dragon's tongue hones are from a quarry in Wales, for the price they're a great finisher. If you ask for a slurry stone it's an extra couple of quid but well worth it to give it extra bottom end...or you could cut a piece off the end for a slurry stone too.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi all,

Does anyone have a piece of this for sale or trade? I'd absolutely love a piece of fine British stone to sharpen my blades with. I know QDanT has had pieces for sale/trade in the past but I can imagine he gets so many requests from folks and I don't want to trouble him. Ideally looking for a piece at least DC4 sized but preferably bigger. Anyone, please?

Thanks in advance
Graeme

I'm planning to visit the quarry in a couple of weeks Graeme, I'll see how mauch I can get in my pack. It'll need cutting though.

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
That's really kind of you gents! If you would be so kind I'm sure I'll manage the cutting and flattening somehow. I just wish I could join you on the jaunt out there.

Thanks so very much!
Graeme :D:D:D

P.S. The Dragon stone looks interesting too.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll have look in my bucket of the stuf and see if i've got a piece big enough for you. Again it will be "raw" stone.

Shewie - i was jsut thinknig the same as I'm off bank holiday week.

We might behaving some visitors that weekend but I'm sure I can sneak away one day, I'll find out what's going on

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
That's really kind Danny! I have sent you a PM but you must at least let me pay for the postage - I insist.

Thank you very much indeed,
Graeme :D :D :D

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
Received the stones today and am absolutely delighted with them. Danny and I are doing a wee trade so doubly delighted.

Thanks Danny,
Graeme :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE