Most used knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Sitting and wathching TV, slicing an apple and realized that I was using my old lunchpail (30+years) Henckles 4" paring knife that I have actually used more often than any other knife that I own. Even if it isn't the best bush knife I usually include it in my mess kit when out and about or at work in my pail. do some of you have a similar experience?

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Carcajou Garou said:
Sitting and wathching TV, slicing an apple and realized that I was using my old lunchpail (30+years) Henckles 4" paring knife that I have actually used more often than any other knife that I own. Even if it isn't the best bush knife I usually include it in my mess kit when out and about or at work in my pail. do some of you have a similar experience?

Yeah, at one time I would have said my old SAK but these days its a no.10 Opinel that gets pressed into all sorts of jobs, even used it underneath the car when changing rear trailing arm bushes to cut through some stubborn rubber on the old ones, cleaned and sharpened up it was as good as new again. TBH it does everything I need a knife to do and I always have it handy.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Carcajou Garou said:
Similar answer to Jasons. Used to be my SAK, nowadays its the knife on my Leatherman - just because it there. Same with torches - I have loads, but tend to use the mag soliaire tucked in the side of my Leatherman puch or the surefire in the car - they just come to hand

Red

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Definitely my Barrel Knife.

Barrel-knife-1.jpg

Barrel-knife-2.jpg

Barrel-knife-3.jpg

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
SAK for me - as I tend to have it with my when I'm doing stuff.

Wayland, I keep seeing that barrel knife of yours and loving it every time - it's definitely a beauty.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Has to be my SAK - is ALWAYS in my pocket! (apart from whan it is in use of course ;) )

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
For me its my SAK it lives in my bag for daily use but my home made woodlore clone sees alot of use that goes out and about when id do.

Wayland please can you bring your knife to the full members meet i would love a closer look at it one of those would make a great project for me.

James

themac

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
Milton Keynes
It is a really nice knife, with that in mind I just had to check ebay :)

c1874 Joh Engstrom of Sweden Barrel Knife Number 7 is going for £40+ just now.

Sorry for the 'quick' thread hijack

My leatherman has to be my most used knife/tool, it seems to get used for everything, at one point my other half thought I had a problem as it was being used to open anything that was cuttable (if that's a word?) :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Sure thing James. It goes almost everywhere with me anyway.

I've got another, smaller one that I'm going to put back on E-bay soon I'll bring that too.

I bought it a while back but the catch needs some attention.

I was going to fix it, but I can probably do better selling it to a collector and getting another.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I'd like a look at that too if you dont mind you might not have to put it on ebay if i can convince my wife that i should have it.

James

miniac

Forager
Sep 1, 2005
Rainham, Essex, UK
If you got it flaunt it! :D

I have a victorinox mauser that goes most places with me, but my frost mora gets a work out when ever I can.

Allthough when I recieve my Bearclaw Field Knife, it will become my fave.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Its got to be my leatherman wave as it nearly always on my belt and is so useful in just about every situation......................Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE