Mors Pot and Everyday Mess Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Haggis

Nomad
The thread on finding a Mors Pot in the UK enticed me to open my knapsack before heading out today, and show my Mors pot with it's everyday mess kit. There is: a Mors pot, an IKEA twig stove, a 24 ounce Olicamp cup w/lid, a Stanley Camp Cooker, two cups, a container for my no calorie sweetener, and a cat can alcohol stove. I'm quite certain there a 4.75" diameter Snowpeak pot that will nest neatly between the IKEA twig stove and the Mors pot, and too, inside the cups there is space for a small bottle of alcohol or other such. For now though, on snowshoes in winter, only stopping for boil-ups, this is quite enough.

Last edited:

Haggis

Nomad
Daughter #4 saw this kit and has offered to make a ditty bag to fit it. For one person, and the occasional guest, this kit seems more than enough on winter days out. If I need more, I can toss my 3-piece French Army mess kit,(similar to the British version but with an extra pot), into my knapsack.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Can you confirm the snugness of the lid ? I liked the idea of using it as a kind of convection oven to bake a muffin in whilst it's laid on its side on the fire.

Haggis

Nomad
Can you confirm the snugness of the lid ? I liked the idea of using it as a kind of convection oven to bake a muffin in whilst it's laid on its side on the fire.

I can't of course speak for every Mors pot, but on mine the lid fits tight enough to lift the pot with the IKEA stove and and GSI cup in it. It would work well as an oven I should think. I suppose the lid might even be tightened more by running a spoon of something similar around the inside of the lid rim to flare it a mite, but as it is, it fits quite snugly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE