Mors Konchanski DVD'S and booklets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
I have come in to a bit of money and was considering buying the set of 17 booklets and the 4 dvd's,just wondering if anyone has seen the dvd's or read any of booklets
Thanks Andrew
PS http://www.karamat.com/
Thanks again

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
They look really interesting, especially the 8 volume set of plant dvds...although probably hard to get hold of over here???

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
delbach said:
I have come in to a bit of money and was considering buying the set of 17 booklets and the 4 dvd's,just wondering if anyone has seen the dvd's or read any of booklets
Thanks Andrew
Thanks again

I have seen two of those on VHS ("Blades" & "Sticks as Tools & Implements") and think they are both offering a wealth of information from a very knowledgable man. They come with question and answer sheets to test your knowledge after watching. Don't expect a slick production though.
If you order the other ones give us a review!

Tom

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
baggins said:
Was thinking of ordering the dvd's aswell, but wasn't sure if the format would playback on uk players.
I think they are region 1 ,which will not play on a dvd player in this country unless the dvd player is multi region {not 100 percent sure }

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
delbach said:
I started a thread earlier about the DVD's and booklets and was advised to pm you as have a few of them.
All i want to know is,
1: Are they any good ,i've got his book Bushcraft ,which is fantastic.
2; How long are the DVD's

Mors has 12 DVDs in total which in my opinion are the best instructional videos available, 8 of which are dedicated to plants and run from around an hour to an hour and a half and the remaining 4 are skills based and run for about an hour and a half to about two hours.

there is no fancy panning shots of scenery or clever editing, just Mors teaching in front of the camera from the first minute to the last, they are very clear thoughout and the only time the camera does move is to ensure that the viewer has an unobstructed and close up view of what is being demonstrated.

The other noticeable feature is that there is no cutting to make things quicker, prefabricated demo pieces or blue peter style "here’s one I prepared earlier" scenes, everything is built in front of you in real time from beginning to end. for example Mors demonstrates the construction of a Roycroft snow shoe by building one, from harvesting materials to the finished article in one almost unbroken 50 minute long scene, explaining all the details and technique as he builds it in front of your eyes.

its as close to being taught by Mors one on one as you can get without physically being in his presence.

I don’t have a TV/DVD player instead I watch these on my computer, So I don’t know if they are region specific or not, but i can confirm that they play well on a computer.

The booklets are also excellent with probably the best 'info to cost' ratio of any instructional text I have bought, Mors is very careful not to repeat stuff from his book 'Bushcraft' so everything in the DVD's and booklets is new info.

I must admit that I cannot claim to be impartial in this review, I know Mors quite well so there may well be some inherent bias my point of view, however it should be remembered that Mors was a legend in the bushcraft/survival world long before I met him and people with far more standing than me would go out of their way to highly recommend anything he does

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Thanks Stuart
I will be ordering them tomorrow and the next time i come into some money i will get the plants dvd's
Cheers Andrew

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If they are region 1, its not the end of the world. If you have a PC and a DVD burner, there is free software available which will strip out the region codes allowing you to make a copy and watch on your home DVD player.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
It's also usually quite easy to set your DVD player to be region free, i have done 5 so far,
Details are usually found with google ;)

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
delbach said:
Thanks Andrew
Thanks again

I know that one is not supposed to comment on things pertaining to spelling/grammer/mind boggling imbecility, etc., etc. on these internet forums, but you don't think getting the guy's name spelt right might be a plan? A matter of good manners, no?

Burnt Ash

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Thanks for pointing that out,i've edited my posts now.What makes it worse his book was by the computer when i started the thread.
Cheers Andrew

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Burnt Ash said:
I know that one is not supposed to comment on things pertaining to spelling/grammer/mind boggling imbecility, etc., etc. on these internet forums, but you don't think getting the guy's name spelt right might be a plan? A matter of good manners, no?

Burnt Ash

That is exceptionally rude! :(

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Burnt Ash said:

Burnt Ash

Get a spell checker grammer boy

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Burnt Ash said:

Burnt Ash

Get a life!
You do realise that your spelling and grammer will have to be on the ball all the time now, don't you?:nutkick:

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Burnt Ash said:

Burnt Ash
I think you will find that the word grammar has two a's and no e .One should not cast stones............. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
Stuart said:
Mors has 12 DVDs in total which in my opinion are the best instructional videos available, 8 of which are dedicated to plants

Hi Stuart, How relavent are the plant DVD's to Britain and europe?

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Just got 4 DVD's and am watching the first one now (went straight to Blades: Sharpening and safe use) and it's very good.
A great introduction to safe knife use, hope the rest are as good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE