More mycology (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
I just noticed that the parasols are starting to appear in one of the (many) neglected areas of the garden.

parasol1.jpg

Although some blighter is eating them before I get to them.

parasol2.jpg

This looks like a Helvella but I'm not sure which one, it looks too dark for H. crispa (it's darker in the flesh, it's been bleached by the flash) possibly H. lacunosa?

helvella.jpg

These wee jobs growing on dead wood are Marasmius rotula (Little Wheel Toadstools) I think.

Mrotula.jpg

Not to sure about this one but think it may be Clitocybe clavipes (Club-footed Clitocybe), growing in the litter under spruce.

clitocybe2.jpg

clitocybe1.jpg

clitocybe3.jpg

But this I have no idea about. It was growing on a dead larch and looks and feels like damp fur. Any ideas?

fluffy.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
The clytocybe looks more like pleurotus dryinus. the bottom picture are most probably tribbles.

I can see where you are coming from with the P. dryinus, especially from the second picture, but the picture is of one of a group that are definitely growing from the leaf litter, not from a tree. I went back today and got this rubbish shot to demonstrate.

clitocybe4.jpg

Quite happy to go along with tribbles :D . I'll keep an eye on them, make sure they're not breeding and taking over the whole woodland.

ps. found a few of these today which was nice.

puffball.jpg

Steve

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
The clytocybe looks more like pleurotus dryinus. the bottom picture are most probably tribbles.

I can see where you are coming from with the P. dryinus, especially from the second picture, but the picture is of one of a group that are definitely growing from the leaf litter, not from a tree. I went back today and got this rubbish shot to demonstrate.

clitocybe4.jpg

Quite happy to go along with tribbles :D . I'll keep an eye on them, make sure they're not breeding and taking over the whole woodland.

ps. found a few of these today which was nice.

puffball.jpg

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE