Mora vs woodlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I like Moras, and I like Woodlores too. Which one's better? There's only one way to find out...

Coat fetched.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
I think both are excellent tools, and I have no doubt that both tools are more capable than me!

I am very lucky in the fact I own both the mora and a SWC woodlore clone that I had made for me about 18 months ago.

Both are suberb, but looks wise the SWC gets it!

Part of the joy for me at least is using a nice tool, which I enjoy equally when using the mora and SWC.

I also splashed out on a suberb Rapidboy kydex sheath system for my mora and its awesome!

Just my 2p Worth!

Drew

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Lol this is a bit of a tongue and cheek thread, this has been done a hundred times.

I suppose they both do a job, at the end of the day they are only tools. (but mora is better:))

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
For me it's a bit like a Landrover 110 and a Range rover vogue. They both technically go off road but you'll rarely see a rangerover vogue with 6 sheep and a dog in the back. Similarly I see moras getting used to the point of destruction See below (pic courtesy of outdoor idiots)
oiknife_overview.jpg

And I see a lot of woodlores dangling from belts glittering and so shiny you could shave with them.... I mean with a razor using the woodlore blade as a mirror. Except mebbe Tony's which is similar to the above mora. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE