mora vs mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
mora 510 vs mora classic 1 which one do you prefer ?
They both look great for me , can't decide which one to get.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
To look at, the classic 1, to use then it's the 510 - and I mean the older 510 with the slightly thicker blade. One of my favourite all round users.

Dave

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Excellent, affordable tools both of them.
The Classic looks better, but the birch handle is more delicate than the plastic 510 handle.

I would go with the Classic. Note that both blades rust.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Yes, for us, but remember the OP lives in Georgia, so maybe quite a bit more expensive relatively. Also shipping is not for free....
Just mentioning.

Last edited:

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
It cost twice expensive for me than for you because of different value of cash in out countries when in $ but when in pounds its 3 times more expensive , so when Im buying a 10 pound item its same if you where buying a 30pound item plus I have to ship it to Georgia for this knife it will be about 5-6$

I bought the 510 Ill buy the classic for sure but some other day

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Sorry, dirty reading glasses!
You will be happy with it.
I have other knives, but the knives I use the most are the Mora knives. I find the thickness spot on, the steel is the best there is, sharp as h$ll and easy to hone.

Several Japanese makers of very expensive knives use the same steel (Made in Sandviken an hour drive from Mora) as the manufacturer of Mora knives.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE