mora hunter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Mora/Mora-Hunter/p-92-304-1276/
does anyone know how much larger this is than the mora clipper? i can find no info about it on here. i have large hands and was wondering whether it would be more comfortable. anyone got a pic of the two together?
the reason im asking is my dad after receiving his clipper from Ray Mears on a woodlore thing chopped up various woodland animals and stuck it straight back in the sheath. i eventually found where he had stowed it (he claimed i couldnt have it because it was sharp and therefore dangerous) and sanded the few millimeters of rust off of it and had been using it until today and now he has claimed it back off of me so god knows what it will be back next time i find it!
it also seems that website has run out of most of their knives and most of them seem to be being replaced with new stainless stock. this is probably because in every review someone says "yea its good but its not stainless so its inferior".
it looks a bit smaller than the clipper to me in the pic and out of proportion. i am still thinking about the spyderco bushcrafter too but it seems they are completely out of stock...

sorry about the paragraph, im just irritated, he aint really that bad :)

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
err... just placed my order for one... i suppose i could cancel it. depends, how much do you want for one?

EDIT: just seen your in norway, god knows how long it would take to arrive with all the border control stuff and it would probably end up costing too much. thanks a lot for the offer, much appreciated. :D

Last edited:

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
would you say its more or less comfortable than the clipper and how is its grip when wet?

My personal prefrence is for the clipper, but only because I prefer the asthetics and the sheath. I have a broad hand, and I can use either just as happily. There really is nothing to choose between them if I were to be honest with you, as the differences make so little difference.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
ah well, i will probably end up with both anyway when he starts to bugger up the clipper again lol!
i gave him one of my old stainless knives because he wants to be preparing food with them and i dont particularly like rust in my food lol!

jontok

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2009
Norway
EDIT: just seen your in norway, god knows how long it would take to arrive with all the border control stuff and it would probably end up costing too much. thanks a lot for the offer, much appreciated. :D

Don't know about time to ship..Should take less than a week. But on the upside it won't cost you anything (unless customs want's some fees).
It's just collecting dust here, so I thought I could send it to you as you had a use for it. No need to pay me for it.
But it's up to you :)

Jontok

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
from other threads about importing knives i have seen that often they are seized by our customs and people end up paying them £20+ so i dont want to take that risk. thank you again for your offer, hopefully someone closer to you will be interested.

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
from other threads about importing knives i have seen that often they are seized by our customs and people end up paying them £20+ so i dont want to take that risk. thank you again for your offer, hopefully someone closer to you will be interested.

There's no law against importing knives unless they are on the list of banned weapons (such as flick, push, butterfly knives etc), which the clipper isn't. I import knives regularly and have no problems at all.

I'll gratefully give it a good home Jontock if scorpio doesn't want it ;)

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
but the spyderco bushcrafter wasn't illegal but still lots got stopped from coming in and the buyers had to pay...
anyway, it arrived today and after a little inspection i have decided i like it. it seems the blade is 1mm or so thicker than the clipper, unless there actually was a millimetre of rust that i scrubbed off the clipper lol!
i am happy with the grip too, i thought it was going to be plastic but its rubber like the clipper. it seems to be heavier but what does that matter when its normally tied to my machete... the blade looks a bit out of proportion with the handle but im sure i will get used to it.
i will do a review of the two if nobody else has when i use it this weekend.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I think people have not quite appreciated the generosity shown by jontok here so......
Very generous gesture mate Thats the kind of thing that makes BCUK special

And by the way if you are just sending someone a gift which was what was offered there will be no problem with customs it only affects items of a certain value and commercial sales which is why the Spyderco knives attracted attention of Customs

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I think people have not quite appreciated the generosity shown by jontok here so......
Very generous gesture mate Thats the kind of thing that makes BCUK special

And by the way if you are just sending someone a gift which was what was offered there will be no problem with customs it only affects items of a certain value and commercial sales which is why the Spyderco knives attracted attention of Customs
I agree with you.
Nice one jontoc.goodjob
Its the generosity of people like jontoc that makes the BCUK site so special :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE