Mora Crook Knife???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I was in the general area of Pro-adventure today, so I dropped in and treated myself to a spoon carving knife... one of the Frosts Mora double sided ones. the only problem with it is, that it's not very sharp- it will draw blood I'm sure, but it's not much good on wood!

as I turned it over in my hands I realised I have no idea how to sharpen this thing:confused::confused:

any advice before I do myself an A&E trip ?

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
I have one and completely re-profiled it before I was happy with it. I have only one cutting edge and narrowed the end as well. I will see if I can get you a pic.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
you need something thin and stick like. sooo.. get a few different types of sandpaper, cut long stips about half an inch wide, glue it to peice of wood same size, and use it like a file on your mora.

You can do the same with leather to get a strop for it, me and BazP are actually in the process of making our own special kits to sharpen and strop them. PM me if you need more details.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Here are a few shots of mine after some re-shaping.....works alot better now.

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
No problem, i hope it helps.....be careful to remove the correct cutting edge for whatever hand you favor. This knife was un-usable in its purchased state and was a little risky with 3 cutting edges as well. I am trying to remember where I read about this mod.....I think it may have been in an issue of "Backwoodsman" magazine or "Bushcraft and Survival" but it does greatly improve the function of this knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE