Moose time! (Warning! Pictures of dead animals)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
... makes me want to use their teeth as a necklace. Maybe even make matching earrings. A tiara on top would also be nice...

😁

Nice...

But it's soooooooo 6000 BC ... 😝

7b17a7beb7bd14480e862b92f4f526fd.jpg

🔥

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Actually there was originally nothing mentioned in either the Quran or the Bible about eating pork or shellfish, it was another thing that was added later by a couple of particularly sneaky Pigs and a Shrimp.

D.B.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Nomad64
I was not really referring to the type of animal, but the method. Whether it was applied to a cow, pig, horse, chipmunk, rat, etc. does´t matter to me. What matters is how and why it was done.
I´ve worked with several muslims, and even have a muslim cousin... I know they don´t eat pigs.
I was later told that the method is a remnant of the time when that part of Spain was conquered by muslims. They are catholic now, but some traditions have remained with some of the people, unfortunately.

So, not a Halal butchery at all and the slaughter men were Catholics but somehow despite the vast majority of muslims being expelled from Spain, killed or forced to convert to Christianity over 500 years ago its the muslims fault that a pig in Spain is killed in a less than humane fashion! :rolleyes:

Other than the fact that the animal is supposed to be conscious at the time its throat is slit, there is nothing in traditional Islamic or Jewish slaughtering methods which excuse the inflicting of unnecessary pain and suffering. Apart from the mutterings in Arabic or Yiddish, as Mrcharly says, there is not much difference from the animal's perspective between these methods and the way in which animals were slaughtered in the UK before electrical and captive bolt stun guns were developed and still are in much of the developing world.

The sad truth is that some people like this fellow in the UK are just sadistic b*****ds, though I can imagine that working in an abattoir for any length of time could mess with your head.

http://www.fwi.co.uk/news/abattoir-worker-jailed-for-shocking-animal-cruelty.htm

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Nomad64.
I do believe that an abbatoir can and will mess with your head.
Know a woman who packed hotdogs for a summer job at Uni.
She described the killing crews as real zombies.

My uni summer jobs were with fisheries research agencies = after a while, the fish we caught lost their lives = they were just floppy things in the nets.
Just a little 10m shrimp trawl in fresh water. Clean it out, mend any holes, catch more "things."

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
So, not a Halal butchery at all and the slaughter men were Catholics but somehow despite the vast majority of muslims being expelled from Spain, killed or forced to convert to Christianity over 500 years ago its the muslims fault that a pig in Spain is killed in a less than humane fashion! :rolleyes

I´m not blaming the muslims. I´m writing the answer I got from the people themselves when asking why they did it this way.
If you think Halal is the best way to kill an animal, then that is your opinion, and you are entitled to have one. It will never be mine though.

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
I´m not blaming the muslims. I´m writing the answer I got from the people themselves when asking why they did it this way.
If you think Halal is the best way to kill an animal, then that is your opinion, and you are entitled to have one. It will never be mine though.

While I agree people are entitled to have an opinion, they should also accept the judgement which comes with choosing to make a life suffer for the sake of their own pleasure, whether that's cultural or simply because they prefer the taste of adrenalin infused meat

I don't consider this a religious issue, regardless of what any texts may say or what people may claim, no religion sets out to cause suffering or to ignore the enlightenment which comes with human social growth over time

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
:lmao: 22 years of using the internet & forums (b4 they were forums) and I've come to the conclusion that off-topic is just an unstoppable force of nature

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
In the meantime, let's eat meat!
I feel that a dose of venison sausages for supper is upon me.
Making the wine braised bison to reheat tomorrow for better taste. Nobody screamed.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I've been watching how this hunting takes place on instagram and it's really interesting, it would be something I'd really like to take part in as it's totally different to the small bird hunting we do in Scotland, we have a community sense like this where ground is rented by a syndicate and the members look after the ground for bird hunting.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
You can hunt in Canada. In British Columbia, by law you must use the services of a professional guide.
That means I can't help you, even if you offer to pay me a bundle. Ain't worth it.
Go to the BC Guides & Outfitters website and look around.

I've hunted with these guys: I'm one of the clients on the home page.

http://www.kettleriverguides.com/

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
You can hunt in Canada. In British Columbia, by law you must use the services of a professional guide.
That means I can't help you, even if you offer to pay me a bundle. Ain't worth it.
Go to the BC Guides & Outfitters website and look around.

I've hunted with these guys: I'm one of the clients on the home page.

http://www.kettleriverguides.com/

Is it a requirement that 2 people must be there, even if both are professional guides? Or is it a rule just for non pro's?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I don't know. My hunt was a one-on-one. Even if I had been a PH from Africa, still gotta get a BC Guide.
As a local, I can pretty much do as I please, hunt wherever I like on Crown (public) land
and any other private place where I get permission (local pea fields for Canada geese, for example.)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Is it a requirement that 2 people must be there, even if both are professional guides? Or is it a rule just for non pro's?

Used to be only for non-residents. Residents were presumed to know what they were doing. But the last time I actually looked it up was back in 1984.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE