Monty Halls Tonight BBC2

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I enjoyed it, looks like it should play out as well as the last one.

Looking forward to the boat trip next week :)

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Good program so far.

Lovely part if the world by the looks of it, not been myself yet.

I'll be back up that way on the Monday 10th May start at Stornoway Lewis heading to Castlebay Barra for the Sunday great place.

pano3-1.jpg

South Harris May 2008

Fizzlebang

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2009
Surrey
Just watched it on sky+...wow what a job! Loved his dog "you're a tail with an idiot on the end" must be one of the quotes of the month!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Personally I find it - just like his previous offering - to be superficial and lacking in any kind of detail....and totally unmissable! :)
For all its faults I love it!
I must get out there one day...I have only been as far as Islay and Jura so far :)

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
It`s funny, i live in the main town of Oban, that all the ferries depart that goes to the Outter Hebrides islands, ive been as far as Barra (was a group visit for a week when i was 16) but never been to the other isles. I would love too one time, specially a boat trip to St Kilda.

Last edited:

wolf_diver

Forager
Jan 21, 2007
Weymouth Dorset
Your very lucky, Oban is a fab place and should be up there for work sometime this year and to visit a mate i work with. Monty is a great guy real down to earth type, I was in the Marines with him and he taught me to dive in 1990. Cheers Monty!!!!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
To me, its good - in the same way that Weirs Way was/ is good.

Its a nice program to watch while you are contemplating your next ploy and you're eating a sandwich.

He seems like a decent bloke, the dog is a laugh and the scenery is inspirational.

:)

EDIT: I don't think Monty is in the same league as Weir yet though. I've still to see Monty in the Cairngorms,standing up to his waist in snow, with a blizzard talking about how the weather is not as bad as it used to be.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE