modular tarp info?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Anyone got any history on these, I have three in all. I can see they are modular, fix together etc but where do they come from? Any history, info and if you think they are worth keeping?

003_DSC_4253.jpg

001_DSC_4250.jpg

002_DSC_4252.jpg

Mar 26, 2013
Worcestershire
Hi, These are Norwegian and known Ensama Vargen or lone wolf tarp. As you can see from the diagrams on the tarp they can be buttoned together in lots of configurations. Each soldier was issued with one and then "buddied" up to make bigger tents. I have 6 of them and use them in all sorts of configurations. They're very hard to find and brilliant bits of kit! Only downside is weight. Heres a link to a great publication from the Norwegian army that tells some more info about set ups...

http://www.coe-cwo.org/files/handbooks/UD 6-81-6 (E) Instruction in Winter Service Biouvac.pdf

Just scroll down until you see the tarp set ups. Other useful stuff in it too!

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Hi, These are Norwegian and known Ensama Vargen or lone wolf tarp. As you can see from the diagrams on the tarp they can be buttoned together in lots of configurations. Each soldier was issued with one and then "buddied" up to make bigger tents. I have 6 of them and use them in all sorts of configurations. They're very hard to find and brilliant bits of kit! Only downside is weight. Heres a link to a great publication from the Norwegian army that tells some more info about set ups...

http://www.coe-cwo.org/files/handbooks/UD 6-81-6 (E) Instruction in Winter Service Biouvac.pdf

Just scroll down until you see the tarp set ups. Other useful stuff in it too!

thanks for that link; very informative.
I only bought two of these 'lone wolf' tarps, so a bit limited to what I can do, but still useful though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE