Modding my rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Since starting bushcrafting this March I have been learning by noticing the kit others are using and asking questions then changing what I use and how I use it. But I can't fit all my kit into one rucksack so end up making several trips to and from the car.

I've ordered a 70ltr rucksack from FB Bushcraft Tradepost but decided to modify my current 40ltr one obtained through the "Gift it on" thread.

First issue was that the straps over the top of the rucksack attached to the carrying straps are just too short to hold anything useful like a tent.

e32f1f0abf892f1da48991829179fb83.jpg

So I bought some clips from ebay and added two fixed ones at the top of the rucksack to reclaim about 6" of strap length.

f276885c187a2674bcf53fc2baca0608.jpg

Down at the bottom it has two loops which are too small to hold anything more than a tightly rolled ground sheet. But using the kidney belt I can loop through some strap and sewing some clips on means I can carry a tent or sleeping bag on the bottom.

Hopefully this will be my summer season bag and the larger 70+10 my winter one.

Thanks for all the advice via the forum and the meets btw

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE