Mk2 Trolly

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
from :- http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138778

Canal walks look good - but there are no canals around here - and I may steal your trolley design!
Be nice to me - show a picture of the harness side

Your wish is my command , I'll get some photo's up today I found the Aluminium tube and the golf trolly wheels in the local waste Recycling skip which is a joke because if you ask for anything and offer a couple quid to the Lads Xmas Beer Fund, you're refused Elf + safety blah! blah! to my mind that's not Recycling It's funny how stuff follows me home I built it with no plans and have used it ever since but it needs some mod's to a Mk.2 the side prop doesn't hold much weight and the floor plate is not big enough if it was I'll add x2 short legs to hold the trolly upright the haversack was a charity shop buy £2 which I bought for the Aluminium frame to swap for my Swedish 35L metal framed haversack to have the bedroll loop and be lighter the orange sack is just looped over the top of the trolly and not fastened on but it makes the weight too high I'm thinking of trying a canvas kit bag I'll get some photo's up

IMG_1982_zpsnv9yydob.jpg~original

IMG_1989_zpsjyvqntce.jpg~original

IMG_1990_zpsbeho9okv.jpg~original

IMG_1993_zpsx9b7kjrc.jpg~original

IMG_1996_zpsj5wdqptu.jpg~original

IMG_1998_zpsumnftafz.jpg~original

IMG_2000_zpszpizxh0y.jpg~original

IMG_2001_zpsvjtgub6g.jpg~original

IMG_2002_zps8apy3nic.jpg~original

IMG_2003_zpsmuwyzrej.jpg~original

IMG_2004_zpsecd3wzqv.jpg~original

IMG_2007_zpsuris7rvo.jpg~original

IMG_2009_zpswsx9cbp7.jpg~original

IMG_2008_zpszwo3gmgd.jpg~original

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice bit of kit that Dan though I'm puzzled what the innards of a drill have to do with it :dunno:

Do you attach it to a waist belt or just pull it along by hand?

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Just looking again, the brush from the armature replaced?

was getting along fine untill I came to drilling holes for the pop rivets, dead drill checked fuze ok with a hand spin of the chuck it stuttered lots of sparks from brushes so open heart surgery called for, well take in bits and wd40 the coil tension springs I wouldn't think thet'd still do brushes for a 40 year old Black and Decker drill but it worked and there seems plenty of carbon left in the brushes so with luck it'll out last me

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Nice work.

Are you not worried that the "foot" might catch over rough ground though?

I'm not planning rough ground canal towpaths, bridalways etc. with the Firebox stove and fuel, if I go anywhere rough it'll be light weight.
Also I found it hard work on the bus with it not self standing, I've a canvas kit bag to try tomorrow but who knows maybe it'll end up getting altered to Mk.3

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Nice bit of kit that Dan though I'm puzzled what the innards of a drill have to do with it :dunno:

Do you attach it to a waist belt or just pull it along by hand?

I've just been pulling it along by hand so far but it needed the weight lower down, might try a waist belt, the dead drill stopped the build untill I fettled it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE