Mirror.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
If any body wants some HDD platters or the magents let me know, I work in IT and have quite a few dead HDD's knocking around and the tools to take them apart. All i'm asking for is for the postage to be covered.

I'll greatfully take you upon that cheers. Platter n a couple of magnets please :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Cool Idea ^^, I really like it, but somehow I think of polishing a Leuku instead.
Then you would have a tool as well as a mirror and you wont be carrying weight that is unnecessary
Yours sincerely Ruud

No you still need the mirror. If you shave with the Leuku you'll need a searate mirror to look into while doing it. LOL

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Sorry, I'm missing something here...how do you start a fire using sunlight with a plane mirror? (I'm assuming it is a plane mirror, based on the reflection)

If you have more than one, which I do, you can make a sort of 'geodesic' curved mirror - it is, after all, all that a convex/concave mirror is only on a macro scale instead of micro. No idea how many it will take... quite a few I'd imagine, but then I see a lot of dead disks.

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
Point taken - I believe you are referring to the solar furnaces beloved of American Science Fair students. Someone (apologies but having started to write this I can't navigate away from the page to find who it was - see below) mentioned having a go at lighting a fire with one of these mirrors and I took it they wouldn't be carrying a bag full of them and a parabolic frame to hang 'em on..? :confused:

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
"...but these come pre-polished to a high enough standard that you can see your face in them from 30 feet away (the black line reflected in this one is a curtain track on the ceiling 6ft above the desktop), have a nifty hole in the middle either for sighting through (signalling) or mounting on a stick (shaving if you're male / make up and general gazing at yourself if female).

Should we ever get any sun, I'm going to have a stab at firelighting with them too."

Adze, IT WAS YOU!! Sorry, confused spell over. Nurse! Nurse![/INDENT]

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
If any body wants some HDD platters or the magents let me know, I work in IT and have quite a few dead HDD's knocking around and the tools to take them apart. All i'm asking for is for the postage to be covered.

I'll happily take two platters and 4 magnets if you have any left. Let me know in PM how much and how you wish payed.

Cheers

KP

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'll happily take two platters and 4 magnets if you have any left. Let me know in PM how much and how you wish payed.

Cheers

KP

Yeap got some left. Pm me your details and I will try to find out postage today. Shouldn't be much as its very light but shoe box size due to padding round magnets. RM say you need a few cm round them so they don't affect anything.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice mirror mate, Belzebob made me one quite similar except it has an edge on it too as a spare blade. (Also so I can look sharp :cool: )

GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE