Mini toggle firesteel test.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Wanted to try one of those little things, maybe it will be usefull to someone.

They fit perfectly in that little loop on maxpedition pouch, or can be sewn in to your jacket. They go through airport security no problem.

[video=youtube_share;eBENXxzsNBU]https://youtu.be/eBENXxzsNBU[/video]

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
Looks a nice little idea - especially as it goes through airport security for regular travellers with carry on only.

thanks
Tim B

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Hmmm. I'm not sure that something that small would work for someone as clumsy as me. It's a great idea but could be tricky to operate with cold fingers...

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Hmmm. I'm not sure that something that small would work for someone as clumsy as me. It's a great idea but could be tricky to operate with cold fingers...

I'm 6'4'' 18 stone guy with XXL sausage fingers. And it was -10 C in Polish forest (see snow in background). As you can see it took me a while to get it going but actually worked better than expected, good enough for emergency. And keep in mind the camera made my moves a bit hasty.
I have it sewn in the corner of my jacket as a little packet made of ducktape to make it waterproof. Mini fire steel, two pieces of tinderquick and 1" of mini hacksaw blade snapped off for size. Went through airport scanners multiple times Manchester-Dublin and Liverpool-Warsaw.

Wood Goblin

Feb 5, 2018
Liverpool
I bought a few of these little things, find they work well, and exceptionally easy to have on you. I have one on my keys and there is a squared edge on a key that strikes a spark well enough to light scraped up birch bark without too much trouble.

Reactions: BigMonster

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE