Mini laptop for swap - ASUS EEEPC

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nemesis

Jan 4, 2010
Surrey
NOW GONE
I bought myself an Asus Eepc 701 about 6 months ago use on the train to work and for mapping software when offroading. Never got around to doing either much so may as well swap it rather than it gathering dust.

Its been used but not much and comes complete with charger and box and in working order. No manual (though from what I remember it was brief!) It does have wireless but I have never used it so cant guarantee this works (I used it with a 3mobile dongle) As you will see form the reviews it has 4G memory wihich will allow Windows XP, plus virus software to be installed but not a lot else but runs fine with these on. You can put Linux on it to free up more memory if you wish.
The only slight niggle is occasionally the keys act a littlke sticky (i.e. seems like your ifinger is held on the key. But this always seems to pass after about 30 seconds. Always served me well on the train and when my main laptop has gone down at home.

Review here
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39030092,49293507-1,00.htm

Its the same as this in charcoal grey http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/11/13/asus_eee_1.jpg

* Processor: Intel Celeron Mobile ULV 353 900MHz
* RAM: 512MB DDR2
* Hard Drive: 4GB SSD
* Screen: 7.0" (800 x 480)
* Graphics: Integrated
* Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g
* Battery Life (Depending on Use): 3.5 Hours
* Dimensions: 22.5 x 16.4 x 2.15~3.5 cm
* Weight: 0.92kg
* Operating System: Customized Xandros Linux
* MMC(plus)/SD(HC) card reader
* Modem Integrated
* Camera Resolution 0.3 Megapixels
* 1 x VGA Port
* 1 x Headphone-out jack
* 1 x Microphone In Port
* 1 x RJ-45
* 3 x USB 2.0

In terms of swaps I would be interested in whatever you have. Maybe looking for a modular rucksack i.e. Sabre but open to any suggestions

Cheers

Last edited:

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
For anybody who's considering this, remember you can increase the storage space by adding a SDHC card and if I remember right you can upgrade the ram on them to a Gig.

On top of that they're nice little netbooks.

Nemesis

Jan 4, 2010
Surrey
Sorry leezo missedthis. A Sabre 75 or a Vulcan Bergan size three would be a good start. Otherwise anything interesting, useful or both! :)

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
I have a mod issue "other arms" rucksack with the two zip on/off side pockets. Also have a mod issue goretex bivvy bag and a Barbour "border" jacket if you're interested in either of those.

All items in good order, coat is a medium 38" chest.

Last edited:

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
Just a heads up to prospective buyers, I installed Ubuntu 9.04 on an Advent Netbook and it runs a lot faster than XP, uses less resources, uses less HD space and the battery lasts longer. Bloke at Uni has an EEE PC and it's a nice little bit of kit, brilliant for browsing the internet and doing basic day to day tasks :)

Sorry for the Hi-jack!

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
here you go:

IMGP0159.jpg

IMGP0160.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

IMGP0162.jpg

A1 condition really. No rips, holes etc, on original wax coating and very little use.

Nemesis

Jan 4, 2010
Surrey
Hi all
Thanks for the offers but not my thing.
Silent jacket for with lots of pockets on realtree or olive owuld be interesting as would 4 season bags and good cond thermarests or similar.

Cheers :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE