Mini ''Glow stick'' light's?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yes I get them in my local gun and fishing shop. I think I've seen them in the fishing section of my nearest go outdoors. I keep a couple in my survival tin. Very handy.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I use them in my hammock to mark where it is so I don't loose it in the pitch black. This has happened to me! and in my survival tin. They provide a small amount of light. Also night fishing. Tho haven't done that for a while. I keep one in my bag. I live out in the wilds so it can be pretty dark. I tend to use night vision rather than a torch. They can be used to clip on a backpack to help drivers see me. All sorts of uses.

Reactions: Madriverrob

Wandering Fred

Oct 1, 2018
Dorset
I bought some for much the same reason to mark my tent/tarp location. Didn't fancy going through that hassle/embarrassment again!
Got them on Ebay - 4 packs of 5 for about £3 if I remember correctly.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Or you could just away into Poundland or Home Bargains. They're selling a bag of glowstick jewellery for a pound....there's forty pieces in it, from bands to pendants and bracelets, etc.,
I bought some at Hallowe'en for a neighbour's grand-daughter. There were ten pendants in the bag I bought, and enough end pieces to click sticks into bracelets and necklaces too.

Surprisingly good quality for the money. I thought at the time that they'd be the bees knees for marking guylines at camp.

M

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I am brought up before this fantastic tech. To find the way to the ’toilet’ and to mark out the line we used to use white plastic marker tape ( the one without any glue or similar) about 1.5 cm wide and very thin.

Took a strip maybe 15cm long and tied it to bushes, trees and such, preferably at eye level.

Today if I did this I would take them off to dispose of.

Visible even in the darkest, murkiest Swedish late Autumns.

Folcwigga

Forager
Aug 11, 2009
London
They're known in military circles as "cyalume" sticks, and if you use that in your search it should give you slightly higher grade results than just searching for glow sticks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE