Mini Folding Saw

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

I popped over to Axminster Power Tools today with the intention to pick up a Silky Pocket Boy , unfortunately they were out of stock , the sales assistant did however bring my attention to the following;--

http://www.axminster.co.uk/japanese-fol ... rod857230/

Now , I have a Silky Fatboy(£45.00ish ) and I also have another make of Generic Japanese style pruning saw ( £circa £25.00 IIRC ) , the Fat Boy is a very long bladed saw for tackling large branches its great for what it does but lengthy and cumbersome, the smaller saw is an ideal pack Tool ie for throwing in the pack in case you need it.

My new saw is very small!!! In fact its Pocket Sized plus!!! Which means I can tuck it e-a-s-i-l-y into a jacket OR trouser pocket and forget about.

saw011.jpg

saw013.jpg

Closed it measures less then 6" , Opened up its 10 1/2" long with a 4 1/2" cutting edge, I tested it earlier on a 3" solid bit of wood and it went through with no problems at all.
It has 2 lock positions on the saw lock depending on requirements.
saw014.jpg

saw015.jpg

Photo for Size against My Mora.

saw017.jpg

Blade Spec is SK-5 Carbon Steel and its got a 0.9mm Thickness.

Extra blades are around £7-8 a pop.

Really good little saw at £16.00

If I wanted to raise a single bad point against it....and its a small thing is the feel of the Black Plastic is just a little to smooth for my Tactile tastes , I think It would be improved somewhat by being roughed up and made slightly less 'slippy'

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE