Mini Firesteels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Please note this isn't a Group Buy yet - just gauging interest.

I've had a reply from Cam at www.firesteel.co.uk after I made an enquiry about a GB on mini firesteels following some interest in the What's in your pocket? thread. The prices below are if the firesteels are ordered along with Cam's regular order. This is going in on Tuesday so I've already said we won't be able to organise this by then, but I'd guage interest for a future order.

Size: 3mm dia. x 50mm
Quantity: 200 pcs
Price: £1.90/pc

Size: 4mm dia. x 50mm
Quantity: 200 pcs
Price: £2.00/pc

For simplicity, I'd rather stick to one size and for ten pence extra I reckon it'd be better to have the 4mm steels. For further simplicity, it'd be easier to supply packs of 5.

I'm not sure if there would be a postage charge to get them to me or the above price is delivered. However, if we ignore that for now, if a pack of 5 was £10, I'd guess something between £1 and £1.50 would cover postage, packaging and paypal fees. So, say £11.50 for 5 firesteels delivered.

The big question. Are there 40 takers?

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
and me! :D (and 3mm would be cool too! ;) - whatever.....)

plus if responce was as quick as last time I reccon we could manage Tuesday :rolleyes:

..... what do you think about mentioning it on BB? - I'm happy to start a thread if you want - It would increase the 'customer base' if required

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I've posted on BB. Perhaps it would be better to state a 3 or 4mm preference. I'd still rather do one size only - both sizes would mean ordering 200 of each size.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
cool - I did do a refresh on BB but our posts must have crossed in cyberspace :lmao:

W

Winston Dover

Id be interested in a couple of packs too, Im not fused over the size, any will do for me.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Preference given - I like the idea of the 3mm since a really tiny one has loads of possibility and is distinctly smaller than, say, a 6mm which is widely available. If the consensus is 4mm though I'll certainly take them.

British Red 2 (prefers 3mm but will accept either)
g4ghb 1
Winston Dover 2
Bushwacker Bob 1 (no pref)

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I'll definitely have one pack, possibly two.

Think I'd prefer the 3mm as it would be for PSK, anything else and I think the normal sized steels are fine.

g4ghb 1
Winston Dover 2
Seoras 2
AndyW 1 (prefer 3mm but will go with either)

Cheers,

Andy

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Added to the list but would go for the 3mm version.

g4ghb 1
Winston Dover 2
Seoras 2
JFW 1 (prefer 3mm)

Cheers

JFW

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
g4ghb 1
Winston Dover 2
Seoras 2
JFW 1 (prefer 3mm)
Buckshot 1 (either)
Spikey DaPikey 2 (4mm)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'd like a set too please. I'd prefer the 4mm 'cos I snapped a 3mm, just too fragile but if that's what's available, it'd do.
Thank you for setting this up :)

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE