Millican Dalton

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've always admired Millican Dalton, a man who got out of the rat race and called himself 'Professor of Adventure'.

herries.jpg

I fancy building one of these sometime soon (possibly at a meet). What do you think the legal ramifications would be considering the health and safety brigade we have to contend with today?

Eric

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I would invite your local HSE inspector for its maiden voyge...they will be so scared stiff they will run a mile and never come back.:eek:

Problem solved. :D

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Theres an old slate mine near Keswick that gets the title of Millican Daltons cave, allegedly he lived there?

I have kipped in it one night and to be honest it was more wet than damp and stank.

He was welcome to it.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
herries.jpg

I fancy building one of these sometime soon (possibly at a meet). What do you think the legal ramifications would be considering the health and safety brigade we have to contend with today?

Eric

Worried about H & S? Have you never seen a raft made solely by Scouts???

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I've always admired Millican Dalton, a man who got out of the rat race and called himself 'Professor of Adventure'.

herries.jpg

Eric

I think you can build whatever you like, for your own personal use. As long as you don't try to sell it. If you tried to sell it within 5 years of build, you could get all sorts of hassle with the Recreational Craft Directive:rolleyes: Also it would probably be wise not to try to cross a shipping lane:D or to go down the Thames at rush hour. The "rescue" services might have a few words in your ears, after they slapped them a few times!!! Having said this, any good plans ? I rather like it myself, well I like most things that float:eek: . Must get that book....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE