Millbank Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Hi

I am looking for a Millbank bag to use for demonstrating water purification to our scouts. Anyone got one to sell for a good price?

Cheers

Barry

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Barry,

A Millbank bag isn't any good for Water "Purification" as such, is might be good as a coarse filter to get the bulk of any debris out of the water, but it will need a purification system to do a full demo.

If it is for "Demonstration" only does it really need to be a proper millbank bag?or could and similar material be used, after all a Millbank bag is not much more than close-weave canvas similar to a truckers tarp.

monkey spanner

Forager
Jul 4, 2010
kent
i got 2 from edicotts a wee while back, i would suggest phoning them up, plus they are excellent to deal with.

Yep.

I ordered one from them the other week, by phone, It arrived within 2 day's, cost about 10 quid.

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Hi Barry,

A Millbank bag isn't any good for Water "Purification" as such, is might be good as a coarse filter to get the bulk of any debris out of the water, but it will need a purification system to do a full demo.

If it is for "Demonstration" only does it really need to be a proper millbank bag?or could and similar material be used, after all a Millbank bag is not much more than close-weave canvas similar to a truckers tarp.

Hi wingstoo, don't worry I'm not going to poison them! Were teaching the full spectrum of water purification:

Collection sources
Filtering
Making safe with heat
Chemical treatments
Ceramic water filters

We'll use the millbank as part of the filtering section when we show that you need to filter to remove debris that could impact the performance of chemical treatments. As well as the millbank Bag which is purpose made for the job we'll show other improvised filtering techniques.

Regards

Barry

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
is it worth showing them how to make a filter from scratch ie charcoal sand and green debris? might be worth a go so they dont have to rely on kit and can make one with stuff found near your water source

Dave

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi wingstoo, don't worry I'm not going to poison them! Were teaching the full spectrum of water purification:

Collection sources
Filtering
Making safe with heat
Chemical treatments
Ceramic water filters

We'll use the millbank as part of the filtering section when we show that you need to filter to remove debris that could impact the performance of chemical treatments. As well as the millbank Bag which is purpose made for the job we'll show other improvised filtering techniques.

Regards

Barry

goodjob

Have you had a look at British Reds tutorial on water purification?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE