Mike Ameling dies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
A tragic loss to the world. I didn't have much interaction with him but I learned a lot about a lot of areas. Mr Ameling was a rennaisance man and had a wide knowledge base, which he shared freely. The grumpy German blacksmith from the Hinterlands will be missed!

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
I don't have any personal connection with Mike or anything, but, like a lot of people around here I expect, I'm just a duffer, the Blacksmith was a forum guru, and more importantly, a true gentleman. Before the net you never got to hear about any of the many talented people around like Mike, it's been a privilege to learn from him. A very sad loss indeed.

JanC

Mar 22, 2021
Pennsylvania
This posting was very old but thought I would try. I found an iron forged rose with the name Ameling. Mike Ameling was the one I found. Does anybody know if he this kind of thing. I looked at his old website and he was very talented. I'm going to keep the rose but love to have more info. Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE