Midlands meet?

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Has there been or are there any plans for a meet in the Midlands,just wondering.
I hope to make a couple of the meets next year,figure it will be fun and that i can learn alot too :)

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I'm in Coventry. I'm trying to balance full time work and OU degree, so stretched for time, but would really like to keep bushcrafting as well....so am interested in a West Midlands meet too.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I'm 10 mins walk from the City Centre - out to the North West.

Meet up after Christmas sounds great - my life is also rather frenetic at the moment!

Any ideas where in the Midlands? I've struggled finding suitable woods with nice landowners...also needs to be accessible, as I only have a bicycle and public transport to get myself around...unless I hire a car, I guess. I did spend a day cycling around all the green areas I found on my map this year, and found one small woodland that looked OK. I'll maybe investigate that further. Or do you know of anywhere?

Oct 19, 2005
Thailand
Sounds like a plan.I only have bike or public transport also so dont worry!If you take a car it means having to find somewhere to park.You decide where you want to meet up.Do you want to meet up in the city first, or do you fancy planning an outdoors weekend perhaps?Could meet at a pub or somwhere close, then plan a weekend in the woods in Wales as its close and has good transport links?Couple of baker tents and a huge log fire with a even bigger pot of water for a bew sound like a great way to spend a winters weekend..what do you think?

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Excellent! I know of a wood in Shropshire, near Telford, that we could use - £10 per person per night or free if we help with brushcutting, I believe, but I'll see if I can find anywhere closer (to me, at any rate! :) ) first. Winter campfires sound like a wonderful idea, and I have just purchased a VERY warm sleeping bag, so am all set up.

I've got a friend in Northampton who might be interested too - we both did the Woodlore Journeyman this year.

I've not been on a bushcraft uk meet before - what sort of things are you guys used to doing? Would you like a pub meet first, when we can decide on a weekend plan later on? Or shall I carry on and look for some woods for a weekend of camping? Would you be wanting woods with facilities, or just a digging stick and some sphagnum moss would suffice? (If you can think of anything else I should've asked, please let me know!)

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Hi there all,

I could also be interested in a Midlands meet, i live in Telford, shropshire but would be happy to travel.

I recently attended the Northern meet in the Lakes...very good weekend even though it was very wet. The only downside of the weekend was the cr*ppy journey to and from the site on the M6 car park.

I would like to camp somewhere that has running water (a stream's fine) camp fires permitted and wood available for fires/utensils etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE