Midlands May '09 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
hammock i thought is was a bivi bag.....lol

Well, actually it is !!! DD Travel hammock. lol :D It's my ground dwelling hammock !!

Thay will if his hammock stays in the trees.
Twodogs

No hammock this time mate, gotta bring a tent for us. :(

Will everyone fit under your tarp Andy?:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We'll all fit under the tarp Martin, still bringing it just in case. I'll set it up as a field kitchen lol.

Got to be on best behavior as the wife and son are joining us. The nipper will talk your ears off given half a chance. lol

HERBz

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2007
Loughton
Andy2112 + tribe (2)
Aragorn
camokid
decorum
Elines
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite + 1
PJ.McBear
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

Will there be a clearing like last time as i would like pitch my new tipi.

Thanks,
Herbie

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Andy2112 + tribe (2)
Aragorn
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite + 1
PJ.McBear
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
My son has decided he doesn't want to come this time so just me.

Andy2112 + tribe (2)
Aragorn
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite
PJ.McBear
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Got to pull out of this one unfortunately as real life has got in the way so i've taken my name off the list. Got to go normal camping as a family, gutted.:(

Aragorn
Bodge + some more (3)?
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite
PJ.McBear
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

Got to pull out of this one unfortunately as real life has got in the way so i've taken my name off the list. Got to go normal camping as a family, gutted.:(
I've just been discussing the very same with my better half and there is a chance we'll be hitting the road in the vw if the weather looks ok and I get the jobs done on the campervan.

will post when I know whats what.:D

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Decorum... what time do the gates shut at Rough Close? I'd like to arrive on the Friday if things go to plan, but need to deposit SWMBO + daughter at my inlaws first, so will be 9-10pm before I roll up to the Close. Can you still get into the carpark or round to the Bill Clarke cabin after 8pm?

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Sorry to hear that Andy. Maybe you can make the BCL meet that's a couple weeks later.

Luckily i pre-booked the pass out before the normal camping arguement, sorry i mean discussion came up Steve so hopefully i'll be there. :) :banghead:

I've just been discussing the very same with my better half and there is a chance we'll be hitting the road in the vw if the weather looks ok and I get the jobs done on the campervan.

will post when I know whats what.:D

Looks like a long weekend down at Slapton Sands in Devon Bodge. Could be worse though. !!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Got to pull out of this one unfortunately as real life has got in the way

Not a problem. Real life takes precedence :cool: .

I've just been discussing the very same with my better half

Same again - family must come first.

... what time do the gates shut at Rough Close? ...

You should be fine arriving between 9 and 10 pm.
Driving down to the Bill Clarke Cabin, however, needs to be preceded by the usual walk down to check whether there are people using the field and/or cabin - they have the 'say' whether we can temporarily borrow parking space or not.

Note for all:

Whether or not we can make use of the drop off point at the Bill Clarke Cabin ... All of our motor vehicle need to be parked up at the Campers Car Park by the Main Field.
If the ability to drop kit off is available, please move your vehicle up to the Campers Car Park as soon as you have brought your kit onto PC 11 - not after you've pitched up and had a refreshing brew. This is to allow others to take advantage of a shorter walk and to keep on the good side of the site.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks Dec.

Also wondered whether you still have the "strap hinge" pot stand I left behind several meets ago? Real life has prevented me from getting down to recent meets. No worries if not, I'll pop into Warwick and sort another one out :)

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Aragorn
Bodge + some more (3)?
camokid
decorum
Elines
Firecrest
Humpback
Martink9
Mesquite
PJ.McBear
T1tch
Twodogs
Wallenstein (tbc)
HERBz + 1

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
Hi i think i can get to this 1 but will post back later to be sure
Are the times flexible as in can i get there early and maybe leave late?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE