Middlewood - Projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Thought I would start this thread for people to post ideas and plans for middlewood.
To kick it off I am going to try and make tar from birch bark so if anyone wants to help or just watch you know where to come :) and if anyone can bring some birch bark the more the better and will start it off on the Saturday morning.

Look forward to seeing what everyone else is planing

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Mmm, Alcohol...

Fruit based alcohol for me (1 litre of vodka, 1lb of fruit and 1lb of sugar; mix, steep and shake daily supposedly for 3 months :( )

Don't forget that it is elderberry harvest time right now.

Oh and getting a coal from a bow drill and then turining it into fire.

Chris

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Hey great,

I have not set one up before, but I am prepared to have a bash at it. As for the bellows, I have one of those hand/foot pumps for an inflatable mattress it pumps about a litre a chuck out, will that be big enough?

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
:D
I would love to have a go at making a small forge.

Anyone ever done one before?

Hi Barney made one myself from a car steel wheel rim three steel tubes for (legs) welded on like tripod. one steel tube bent at bottom 90 degrees welded in center under neath all sourced from scrap yard. air supply 240volt air pump for air beds one length off hover pipe attached to bent pipe on bottom total cost less than a £10 build time less than one hour it has proved to be very officiant in fact so officiant on a couple of times i have turned my back for a couple off minutes to discover my precious knife lying in a pool off Multan metal in the bottom of forge :eek: the ones that have succeeded are now very fine bush craft knives. so what you waiting for get cracking :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE