Mid-Wales and The Borders 2021 Bush Camp – 3rd to 5th September, Hafren Forest *** Important Update ***

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
There is hanging space John, and we can drive right up to where we camp, and there's always the edge of the forest just next to us :) I just suggested bringing options so you have a choice. If the worst came to teh worst you can sling your hammock between my defender and your van :)

Reactions: John Fenna

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
In principle, I have no problem. However, I believe (but you will have to check) that NRW (the Forestry Managers) have declared flying drones over their land breaks their byelaws and the purpose of 'quiet enjoyment' of the forest. A number of English forestry organisations (Like the New Forest) have done the same.

The field we are using is big enough for you to practice away from our camp but I suspect most of us would not be happy if you were operating for long periods or near where we are trying to enjoy the peace.

We must also be careful (in all our activities) not to disturb wildlife, farm stock, locals or tourists; we want to be able to return to the site in the future without complaints.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Arrived home, unpacked the car and sorted out the kit. Just had lunch and having a sit down, I thought I’d thank everyone for a great weekend and especially to Andy for sorting it!
:beerchug:

Reactions: mowerman

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
I'm back at home, showered and sitting in the garden with a cold beer.
This is the most relaxed I've felt in the last 6 months. Thank you to Andy for organising everything and thank you to everyone for the very warm welcome on my first meet up, I had a fantastic time.

Jimmy

Wushuplayer

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2020
London
Great to meet you all! Not as intimidating as people's forum names and photos!

Thanks for all your teaching and patience with me. Special thanks to Broch for setting up and keeping us safe. Hope it didn't take too long to pack down!

1st of many meet ups, hopefully!

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Great to meet you all! Not as intimidating as people's forum names and photos!

Thanks for all your teaching and patience with me. Special thanks to Broch for setting up and keeping us safe. Hope it didn't take too long to pack down!

1st of many meet ups, hopefully!

Good to meet you Ray and I hope you can make other camps.

Did you get back in time?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE