Meteor shower 13-14th !!! Visible around the world !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Thanks for the heads up

Went out the dog and sat down for a while to watch

Saw one big one and four maybes. Two were quick and in a different place, the other two were in the right place but quick and faint, one of which was with the bins. Lots of light pollution (and planes) where I am but the proper one I saw was a good'un

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Thanks for the heads up

Went out the dog and sat down for a while to watch

Saw one big one and four maybes. Two were quick and in a different place, the other two were in the right place but quick and faint, one of which was with the bins. Lots of light pollution (and planes) where I am but the proper one I saw was a good'un

That's encouraging. Nothing so far but will give it another go.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I just went out to walk the dog. Timed it beautifully, to get a nice gap between the downpours. I had more or less a clear sky for the whle trip, and I saw..... stars. Lots of them. A very clear night. The milky way showing well, jupiter very bright, fabulous bit of stargazing, but no meteors. Not one.

Ho hum. I'm a bit disappointed.

:confused:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
A lovely clear night here too and, like you, I saw plenty of stars which is quite unusual here. Absolutely no meteor showers though.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
funny enough 2012 wasn't even a date in common use for the so called end . search results spiralled after films and media stories and the like . around 1996 so i wouldnt worry . also the mayan calander like every other calander has a last page . just means astronomicaly we're moving into another age . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ this is a good one for debunking a few of the common ones.
AGE OF THE AQUARIUS . is the new astronomical age but we might not enter it for a few more hundred years or we may be in it already . the bofs argue I just watch there vidz.
but its not ment to be some big disaster more another step in our evolution like the stone age, bronze age, iron age, etc etc. again so dont panic . this one's ment to be a big awakening possibly to the way we run the planet or our lives or the mind . some say its a part of our brain that isn't used will become available . so again who knows

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
ok so I've seen a few small dim ones in the last few mins . the android app put me dead on to gemini and that's where its all happening . I wish I had a telescope and 2 good boys right now I'd wake them to get a closer look . unfortunatly i've got neither lol

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
I got lucky with the weather. Rain had stopped earlier in the evening and the sky was clear. Wasn't hugely cold either

I used bins a fair bit was the problem is you're naturally limited to a smaller spot (my big bins are 8x42) than using just the naked eye

I honestly reckon I would have seen more with less light pollution, but I'm in north London as was looking sort of back towards a bright area.

Planets app on the iPhone was very helpful. Jupiter was surprisingly bright

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE